Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fasteners 356/911/912/914
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
thenewgarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Fasteners 356/911/912/914 Reply with quote

Hey guys,

First time poster but many time classified user. I have a few questions I would like to ask 356 owners and enthusiasts.

I am working on cataloging all the fasteners found in classic Porsche vehicles. Fasteners being the nuts, bolts, screws, washers and any other specialty fasteners (no other word to use there really). I call it The Porsche Fastener Catalog.

I record the data diagram by diagram. Therefor, as I complete the diagram I can assemble a kit that replicates the factory supplied hardware. I am starting small and working my way out, looking to introduce a new fastener kit every week.

At the moment, I do not have a rhyme or reason for which ones I choose. Some of them have to do with the availability of the fasteners but other times not so much.

For example, my first kits, 356 B/C Front and Rear Bumper Kits were chosen because I rebuilt a front and rear bumper on a 356 B.

So here is my question... what fasteners kits would you like to see? What 356 projects are coming up in your builds that could benefit from a fastener kit?

I want this process to involve the Porsche community and also be based on crowed sourced information or demand.

I have begun with the 356. Once I complete the 356, I will move onto the 911, 912, 914, etc.

The task is ambitious and the cataloging work is immense, not to mention the fastener work on the other side. I thoroughly enjoy studying these vehicles and after a life long lust of classic Porsches, I have decided to study the most minute equipment on the car!

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks guys!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: