Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New cam for Judson?
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
robotrophic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: New cam for Judson? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm about to pull out the 36hp power plant to do a number of things... I've been running a Judson with a 010 distributor for a while now, and its great. But, as with all mods, after awhile you want more.

I was thinking that while its out, I could put in a new cam to squeeze out a few more ponies. But seriously, does the power increase from the new cam warrant the effort of splitting the case?

Thanks,
Robo.
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really happy with my 36hp and would recommend a cam swap

My engine:

Stock stroke, counterweighted crank with lightened flywheel, pinned pressure plate all balanced by DPR
Stage 2 cam from Matthew K. at www.aircooledresearch.com
Ported/polished single port heads by Matthew K., Okrasa intake/exhaust valves
Stock balanced pistons
Stock manifold with 30pict1 carb
019 distributor

I'm running 1-3/8" merged header with a single quiet pack, but will move to Vintage Speed Abarth system shortly

I'm also in the process of installing Speedwell 1.4 rockers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be carefull with adding 1,4 rockers to the # 2 cam. You may be accellerating the valves faster than the springs will handle. In fact I think you will be, especially along with the charger.

T
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: