Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Daizee's 2.5L 5 cyl Jetta thread 2009
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Daizee's 2.5L 5 cyl Jetta thread 2009 Reply with quote

Have withdrawal as can't post in Vanagon's re my vehicle now so decided to open this thread. Read it, comment, or don't. Have so much to learn.

2 weeks ago today got the Jetta, 2009 2.5L 5 cylinder, 5 speed, black with tinted windows and moon/sun roof. Each day I make a new discovery of the new tricks and features. It is really amazing. Everything is electric and is sure a spoiler.

I can stack 6 CD's in my CD player, I have a driver's seat that does amazing tricks and is heated when I want/need it to be,got all the manuals but have not figured out the computer yet. Running light dash light is on sometimes and off at others but as it is driving me crazy, I will change it Monday. Discovered today that the lights have been converted to the blue/white ones and that the ballasts are known to burn out (tell me if you know different - that's what my mechanic says), the air intake has been upgraded to something I am not yet familiar with (Ill write the name down tomorrow) and it allegedly helps your air intake and your take off speed and supposedly gives you better mileage (well in Canada kilometers), the computer in dash is going to take some getting used to and I will set up Blue Tooth sooner or later, controls on steering wheel are great but I have only mastered the radio so far and I haven't even taken on the cruise control, and the wipers have a sensor that speeds them up in heavier rain.

As you can see I am dazzled by all the I've discovered and I'm confident there is more to learn about. Going from a TBD Vanagon 4 cylinder, 4 speed to this has been amazing. I got a GREAT deal on it with only 155,000 kilometers. I will always miss the Vanagon and the great community built around them but I needed a vehicle that was less demanding to drive and maintain. I certainly got more than I bargained for! Today and I don't know how 2 new programs came up on the indash computer, one is something I wanted but didn't expect, don't even know how it came to be. I can tell that I'll have the main manual handy at all times.

If you can offer any advice or input on the Jetta 2.5L please feel free to add to my learning. And I do miss all my Vanagon friends, so feel free to comment. Zee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

am now comfortable driving the 2.5 except for the improvement to the pick up power. I mean it goes flat out from little to lots (not that I make a practise of such) which is especially nice on 2 lane highways behind big trucks or slow cars. I surprise myself daily as I stick to the speed limit (with a few exceptions of passing). In Scooby I was a speedster, now I have the power and look like I do, with Scooby I didn't look like I had the power and did. I miss the Vanagon especially when I hear of a gathering but I have moved on as I had no choice and I don't believe on dwelling on "wishes" and the like. Do miss the diesel for sure. The TDI's are very popular around here in the Jettas, Passats and Golfs. The other day at a service station I stopped a fellow who was going to put gasoline in his TDI. I had to tell him 3 times that he couldn't do it and the reasons why before he finally cottoned onto what I was saying. He simply wasn't listening to me!

Now know how to monitor and use the computer programs but haven't used the cruise control yet. I don't know how the Blue Tooth and Star work but with time I am sure I will learn them. Even though occasionally hot and muggy I haven't used the A/C but have tried it to make sure it is there (black car you know!). Speaking of black car what a pain in the neck to keep clean in a dusty, dirty environment. Every weekend but this I have hand washed it, dried it and polished only to have it look dirty hours later. Well I guess that is a cross I have to bear.

My immune system is acting up and don't have energy nor vim but hopefully with treatment it will straighten itself out.

Really miss talking to the vanagoners but I do follow most posts and look for new ones of interest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: