Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1970 Adamo Gt Brazilian VW
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbdbdb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: 1970 Adamo Gt Brazilian VW Reply with quote

Hi, Everyone, I'm dave
I am on here because I recently acquired a 1970? Adamo GT Brazilian VW based car. I have found a small amount of info on the car I have. It appears to be one of 150 made. It appears to be Milton Adamo's first attempt at a car. The car had Brazilian plates as well as 1980 California plates. I am interested in finding out what windshield they used for this car as mine is missing. it is complete except for that and the pans and seats and top have seen better days. I will post photos if I can. I did find an old Brazilian ad for a yellow one for sale. Mine was originally blue and supposedly the owner was an Olympic athelete. Welcoming any and all info anyone has about this rare car. Thanks DB
Petfisheric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is a 1970 it will most likely be based on the Karman Ghia. Does it have front disk brakes if yes then it is most likely a Ghia platform. The the other thing is the pans of the Ghia are basicly parallel front to back were a bug tappered as it move to the front. You might check the windshield against the Ghia.
iMurph
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you happen to have any pictures?
I would love to see it. Smile
dbdbdb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Adamo Gt Reply with quote

I did put pictures up they are in the gallery. There is very little info on this car. Anyone with info on this car please share Thanks DB
WooleyNelson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, from what I could see, the windshield is NOT from a Karmann Ghia.

I know that doesn't help find out what it IS from, but at least you won't waste time looking for the wrong one!

Good luck and keep us posted!
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... that's different. According to one of the many catalogs I have (and found online) the builder started with building dune buggies (https://books.google.com/books?id=glKW-Kh-lmcC&pg=PA1937&lpg=PA1937&dq=Adamo+GT&source=bl&ots=uFWk2zoa8i&sig=Sg_pS2CR28Imtev0f8XkyII-g78&hl=en&sa=X&ei=6IlKVYS_LcSbgwSG8oDAAw&ved=0CEsQ6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=Adamo%20GT&f=false) so I might venture the windshield might be Super Beetle. Otherwise it's probably something specific to a Brazilian made car that wasn't available in the States.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Petfisheric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the looks of the wheels I would clean them up and sell them and scrap the rest. The wheels look like they are worth more than the rest of the rig. And if it is anything like a Puma you looking at $1000 or better for a windshield.
dbdbdb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Adamo GT Reply with quote

I am just looking for info. I would hate to crush a car that there are only 150 made. I found this on a Brazilian site. adamo went on to make cars in the 80's Ferrari look alikes. the chassis is VW karmann ghia but from what I have found Brazil got all the old stuff. they where fat 5 lugs into the 70's. I guess I need to email my Brazilian friend to see if he can gather more info. but was cool is learning about some of these Brazilian cars like the muira. here the site that had the most info
http://autosclassicos.blogspot.com/search?q=Adamo
anyway fiberglass body is in good shape with no cracks or damage. Mine is alittle different than the one in the pictures. the targa bar? comes all the way to the door? opening. I like unique. I am going to make a template fitted to the windshield frame then bring it around to the junk yards and lay it on some windshields see if any are close. can always have it cut down
Petfisheric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option would be to go the racer way and put in lexan. They just don't last like glass but are more scratch resistant than plexyglass.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: