Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Aftermarket turbo issues with MKV GTI
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MurrTheBlur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Aftermarket turbo issues with MKV GTI Reply with quote

Hello Everybody! This is my first post on this forum and could some feedback on a problem I am having with my 2009 GTI. The stock turbo blew up a while back and I decided to go aftermarket to replace it. My mechanic and I did some research and came up with the following upgrade for the car:

-ATP GT28RS Turbo (Kit included, additionally- high flow outlet pipe, inlet elbow, oil separator, boost solenoid, cutoff valve, & boost controller and gauge)
-Tune from 034 Motorsports
-AWE Tuning turbo-back exhaust

So here's the issue: No matter what we try, the check engine light comes on and the code shows "under-boost" even though the boost is dialed in per the tune from 034. The strange thing is, the same code was popping up when the old stock turbo was dying (which made sense). Additionally, the car sometimes goes into "fail safe" and looses all power. This situation is corrected by simply turning the car off and back on again. The check engine light issue has completely baffled my mechanic and myself.
I know plenty of you guys have done similar mods to your GTI's and if you have ANY feedback on this problem it would be GREATLY appreciated!!
NY thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might not know the answer, but if you ask on vwvortex.com you are more likely to find people with the same car/ problem that you have.
MurrTheBlur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that was the first place I posted lol. I'm using any resources that are available to me.
helowrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwvortex has a TON of info, but it is ti9me consuming to separate the wheat from the chaff, if you know what I mean.
73 914 1.7
12 Passat 2.5 Highway cruiser
73sports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure there isn't a leak somewhere in the pipes between the turbo and throttle body. If no problem is found, and there is nothing wrong with the turbo/ or bypass valve, it would have to be a software problem.

Central Jersey VW Society
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: