Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ballpark to have a pan powdercoated?
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ratpanel61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Ballpark to have a pan powdercoated? Reply with quote

I'm taking my pan to have some estimates on getting it powdercoated tomorrow. What kind of numbers should I expect to hear? I know it's big and kinda awkward so to have it blasted and coated isn't gonna be cheap. I just want to know if I'm about to get "sticker shock" when they tell me what it'll cost.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratpanel61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pleasantly surprised. The first place I took it to said they'd do it for $365 blasted and coated with silver vein and clear and back by the end of the week. Needless to say I didn't even take it anywhere else. I was expecting somewhere north of $700
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
abritinthebay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's shockingly cheap.
carnut63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats about what mine was too here in San Diego for the blasting and the coating. Definatley worth it in my opinion, Im so happy with the result.

---> Mar 2 1955 Strato Silver Oval <---
---> July 1957 ragtop project <---
---> May 5 1966 Ghia <---
---> 1962 Ruby Red Deluxe (sold)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jpjohns
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW there's a powder coating place that just opened up here in Harrisonburg called Jacob's Powdercoating and he is doing my engine tins and couple other parts for $200 in silver vein and for gloss black he quoted me $275 for the pan when I'm ready Very Happy

Where did you take it in VaBeach? I lived there for 20 years, never knew there was a place there. That's awesome.

"Scrapyards are for quitters" - Beetlenut (a Samba member)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: