Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

912 fuel sender or gauge: how to check which is broken?
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter - Belgium
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: 912 fuel sender or gauge: how to check which is broken? Reply with quote

The fuel unit in the combogauge is not working anymore... it is just resting at the empty position which is not usefull Confused

How can I check if I have an issue with the fuel sender unit or with the gauge?
is there a testmethod so I know which of the 2 parts I should change/get rebuild?

Thanks!
Peter
TKS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the gauge move at all? When you turn the key on and the gauge gets power it usually pop up just a little. If it doesn't then you might want to make sure its getting power.
If you want to test the sender you have to remove it from the gas tank. It should look like a foot long tube and has a float inside that moves up and down. Turning it upside down you should hear the float side around if it doesn't then its prob time to rebuild/replace.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: