Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help on value of Porsche alloys.
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Help on value of Porsche alloys. Reply with quote

I have 2 14 x 5.5 and 2 15 x 7 Porsche alloys in nice condition. I have had these for at least 15 years. What would they be worth ?
Thank you for your time and input.
Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
caleb0101
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Help on value of Porsche alloys. Reply with quote

56Cabrio wrote:
I have 2 14 x 5.5 and 2 15 x 7 Porsche alloys in nice condition. I have had these for at least 15 years. What would they be worth ?
Thank you for your time and input.
Dave
pictures please
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 7s come in three different configurations. They can range between $400 a pair and $4000.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
911pickup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your 15x7s have this number on the backside (901.361.012.03) you've hit the mother load of Fuchs wheels. (911R).
Most likely they have this number instead: 911.361.020.41
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

911pickup wrote:
If your 15x7s have this number on the backside (901.361.012.03) you've hit the mother load of Fuchs wheels. (911R).
Most likely they have this number instead: 911.361.020.41

Here is the problem i cant read the part numbers very good. Someone sanded them and painted the backs pink at one time. The 80's sucked !!! Is there any other markings to tell what they are ?
Dave
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fuchs experts can probably identify them with this picture?

two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are not them, but you can see the one of the 14 x 5.5 on my 63 in the background.
Thank you Mike Fisher
Here is one of the 7 x 15's with a quick clean up.
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here they are Mike Very Happy ,15 yrs ago
ALB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Bruce and Ron (911pickup) are telling you is if the 15x7's have the 901 part # the wheels will look like a 6x15 from the front side, as the extra inch is to the inside. This was done to get wider rubber under the rear fenders of the earlier narrow bodied 911's. There were only so many wheels made in this configuration (150? 200?) and are the uber expensive ones, as they came on the 911R's. The 911 numbered 7x15's, which have the extra inch on the front side (as are yours) are much more common.

Bruce mentioned 3 versions of the 7x15; I'm only aware of 2, so I'll have to ask him about that. I know there are 3 versions of the 7x16...

As far as I know the 14x5 1/2's haven't gone crazy in price, so 200-$400/pair? Al
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a clean set at Pomona last weekend. four, powdercoated silver/grey for $550, I dont think they sold.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALB wrote:
What Bruce and Ron (911pickup) are telling you is if the 15x7's have the 901 part # the wheels will look like a 6x15 from the front side, as the extra inch is to the inside. This was done to get wider rubber under the rear fenders of the earlier narrow bodied 911's. There were only so many wheels made in this configuration (150? 200?) and are the uber expensive ones, as they came on the 911R's. The 911 numbered 7x15's, which have the extra inch on the front side (as are yours) are much more common.

Bruce mentioned 3 versions of the 7x15; I'm only aware of 2, so I'll have to ask him about that. I know there are 3 versions of the 7x16...

As far as I know the 14x5 1/2's haven't gone crazy in price, so 200-$400/pair? Al

ALB thanks.
So the 14x5 1/2's $200 to $400 on a good day, what would the 7 X 15's worth ? I have a 63 parts bug i want to get rid of and i am thinking about including them with the car. I just don't know the value of the rims.
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
There was a clean set at Pomona last weekend. four, powdercoated silver/grey for $550, I dont think they sold.

4 clean 7 x 15's @ $550 about $138 a rim ? Is that what people are selling them for ?
So maybe i can get $250 - $275 for the pair of 7 x 15's ?
ALB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think $400 is a fair price for a pair of 15x7's in reasonable shape. Are they polished or chromed?
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALB wrote:
I think $400 is a fair price for a pair of 15x7's in reasonable shape. Are they polished or chromed?

polished.
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

56Cabrio wrote:
c21darrel wrote:

4 clean 7 x 15's @ $550 about $138 a rim ? Is that what people are selling them for ?
So maybe i can get $250 - $275 for the pair of 7 x 15's ?

IMO, powdercoated wheels are significantly devalued. Few people want that kind of finish, and removing powdercoating is time consuming. Therefore costly. So don't use that as a guide.

I'd say a pair of 7x15s can be worth $500-600 if in excellent original condition. Less for other finishes unless you find the right buyer.

It also depends on the condition of your wheels. Polished Fuchs are a maintenance item. If you don't keep polishing them, they deteriorate. Then the value goes down the drain

There are two versions of late 7s. Early ones use a 3 prong center cap with a smaller hole. These are quite rare, originally installed on RS Carreras at the front.
Then the more common later 7s that take the full circle ring type center cap. The later ones come in a couple of paint finishes. All black centers with anodized rim, anodized rim and petals with black background, and custom colours from the factory.
ALB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Bruce; I didn't know that. Al
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: