Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rear seat latch?
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alaskanrocket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Rear seat latch? Reply with quote

I've already done a ton of searching to no avail. I'm trying to get the back seat up in my 73 square to install a new battery. I can tell it's latched but done see any strap or lever. My bentley is in the mail on it's way. Thanks
blues90
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have a latch but if the strap is gone reach right in the center of the seat cushion where it meets the back cushion and feel around you can release it with your fingers pull up on the latch or push it back . The Bentley does not show a photo of it that I can find.
Alaskanrocket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a picture of the latch? I've been reaching around but can't get my fingers in the right place, I even tried some lube. Laughing
Donnie strickland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 71's cushion doesn't have any kind of a latch -- you just swing it up and forward -- but I don't know about a 73. The manual shows a little strap in the center:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

blues90
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alaskanrocket wrote:
Does anyone have a picture of the latch? I've been reaching around but can't get my fingers in the right place, I even tried some lube. Laughing

You can see the actual hook on the floor dead center .

The latch you cannot access like I thought yet the latch where it catches the hook on the floor under the seat is a U shaped arm and inside the seat in the photo where I show the strap entering the seat , the strap is connected to the latch also by a U shaped arm it's about 3/16" in diameter .

Your best bet is take a coat hanger bend a hook in the end go through the opening in the seat where the strap exits and once you hook that U shaped arm pull up . It might help if you push down on the seat cushion a bit so there is not pressure on the hook and latch. It's possible if you look down through the area where the strap fits through you may be able to see the U shaped arm .

I hope this helps yet me know . The latch as you see in just a small opening through a cover under the seat. The part of the latch where the strap connects is about 2 1/2" from the top on the seat cushion .

Alaskanrocket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is exactly what I needed, got it open with a little tee handle hook thing I had. Thabks a lot for the help guys you're the best!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: