Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vintage speed parts hit new record
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:21 am    Post subject: vintage speed parts hit new record Reply with quote

I am sure there are a lot of vintage speed guys that have been looking on sambas vintage parts for sale . looking for vintage parts. like I do .am I missing some thing ? lol when I see adds that have $2,000 for a RX header $2,000 for a used not complet Judson super charger $800.00 for a used set of DDS pistons and cyls. hold on to this one $10,000.00 for a set of used dds cyl heads with nos head parts in the boxes. $1,500.00 for a DDS breather box. has any one seen crazy money for vintage parts on samba ?. spencerfvee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is Spencer...they can ask what they like. It has no bearing on what anyone will actually pay. I suspect those items will be on sale in the Classifieds for a long time or for however long it takes them to realise nobody is going to pay that kind of money.

Here's a example...it's been on sale for a number of years. Not even been wiped down with a damp rag.

Ad placed - Mon Jun 07, 2010: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=977267
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right john . its just like the guy who payed I think $180,000 for a split bus . I would like to see him try to resell it lol after that every guy that had a split bus thought his was worth big money .nothing last for ever and the split busses will come down to earth . just like the cudas the SS chevys and the GTOs they had there day now its over on people spending crazy money for them . I think a lot of guys on samba that ask crazy money for there parts realy don't want to sell them they just want people to look at at there parts spencerfvee
John Moxon wrote:
The thing is Spencer...they can ask what they like. It has no bearing on what anyone will actually pay. I suspect those items will be on sale in the Classifieds for a long time or for however long it takes them to realise nobody is going to pay that kind of money.

Here's a example...it's been on sale for a number of years. Not even been wiped down with a damp rag.

Ad placed - Mon Jun 07, 2010: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=977267
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: vintage part Reply with quote

well theres a vintage 36 hp motor with a vintage dual carb set up on it.and nothing more. you can have it for $8,500. 00 you pay shipping cost spencerfvee
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the prices for stuff that's really just collector parts is nuts. Are you really going to spend $75 on a greasy Deano oil pump and cover, and then use it? It's not really a trophy case part..
I will say that the large quantities of recent import crap parts have helped to boost the value of many good old parts, especially crankshafts. A used old forged Scat/ Bugpack/ Okrasa crank, that is not on it's last grind and cracked sells for more than ever before. It's because you just can't get that level of quality any more, except maybe the Scat cranks. Same with good original IDA's and Dellorto's, prices are high because the current stuff doesn't measure up.
Some of the prices seem crazy to me, I'll agree with you on that
borninabus
Samba R&D Dept.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread has all the makings of a "vintage speed whines" thread.
i vote sticky Surprised
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only when you post on this thread . lol I like to call this thread a fool is soon departed of his money spencerfvee
borninabus wrote:
this thread has all the makings of a "vintage speed whines" thread.
i vote sticky Surprised
borninabus
Samba R&D Dept.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the euro & dollar so close i can see the price of many things VW going down Wink
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are so right .here in the usa. I go to vw shows to sell vw parts and I am not getting the money for the parts.that I got 3 years ago. I am getting half the money that I got 3 years ago . I just bought on samba a vintage deano cam and lifters used with cam gear for $50.00 US and he payed shipping cost . 3 years ago that cam would have sold for $150.00 or more . people are just not spending the money .they just don't have it . when I talk people at the vw shows here in ohio .they say it cost to much money to live mostly super high electric bills. some people are paying over $600.00 every 30 days the highest bill I herd of was $890.00 for 30 days . so they tell me theres not much money left over for car parts .these are people that heat there homes with electric spencerfvee
borninabus wrote:
with the euro & dollar so close i can see the price of many things VW going down Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: