Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good 'ol sunny California
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Good 'ol sunny California Reply with quote

Guess it's summer time here in central California.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My bug has:
No AC
Black seats
No cup holders

It's as if it wants me to dehydrate and die lol
Dirty Hippie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry... We are going to get close to 100, but when you factor in the humidity Crying or Very sad ... Fortunately the a.c. blows cold in my truck. Stay hydrated Laughing .
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wimp. This is what we're facing in SW Idaho for the next 10 days. Next Monday we start the mint harvest. I'll be running the still, standing next to a boiler all day.

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirty Hippie wrote:
I'm sorry... We are going to get close to 100, but when you factor in the humidity Crying or Very sad ... Fortunately the a.c. blows cold in my truck. Stay hydrated Laughing .

I went to basic training at Fort Knox in Kentucky in July in 2002. I also lived in Austin, TX for a few years. I know how bad heat mixed with humidity is. It's miserable.

notchback wrote:
Wimp. This is what we're facing in SW Idaho for the next 10 days. Next Monday we start the mint harvest. I'll be running the still, standing next to a boiler all day.

Ouch. I work outside, but I think you have it worse. Luckily for me I can sort of set my own hours. All this week I'm starting at 4am so I'll be off by 12:30pm and beat most of the heat.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Good 'ol sunny California Reply with quote

Dirty Hippie wrote:

Sorry. Being a SoCal native but having sent a kid to school in Alabama, Dirty Hippie wins. That summer humidity down there takes a lot of getting used to--like I never did. On the plus side, Roll Tide!! Wink
Dirty Hippie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It changes fast around here. Friday and Saturday we should have some decent thunder storms. On Sunday it supposed to be 87 and sunny Cool . We'll see how that all plays out. At least in California you know what you're gonna get in the summer. Hot and dry!.. Roll Tide!
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're pretty lucky in that our heat is dry. Anything over 95 is just hot- but hard to feel incrementally. I'm very nervous about the 4th of July- all the idiots. I've ordered more irrigation time just to have some defense.

Cal Army Guy- good luck down there. I was just down around Clovis a couple weekends ago and am very sympathetic about your drought. You've got beautiful country to guard.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Temps are one thing... ...only when you have East Coast nut sack drowning dew points added into those..... then.. you can bitch about it....

We get all the leftover weather shit from the West.. Thanks a lot for that..

Laughing

Advice... pre-lube early..

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited

Last edited by VOLKSWAGNUT on Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:15 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would trade with any of you.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel guilty living here now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q-Dog wrote:
I would trade with any of you.
I spent a couple years in Louisiana. I like my heat in Idaho better.

FU#3
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are supposed to hit the low 100's Sunday through Wednesday up here. We are in the mountains, one hour from Canada. This is fucking ridiculous!

No A/C for me, I'll be installing a french drain system and running a backhoe/tractor. YIPPEE!

I'm much too Norwegian for this shit.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have not had a 4 day strech w/out Rain since April, it's the end of June & I have not gotten the 1st cutting of Hay in yet...... Confused

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Good 'ol sunny California Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
We have not had a 4 day strech w/out Rain since April, it's the end of June & I have not gotten the 1st cutting of Hay in yet...... Confused

Send some of your rain our way and you can use my dead lawn trimmings for hay in trade. Wink
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Good 'ol sunny California Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
crukab wrote:

Send some of your rain our way and you can use my dead lawn trimmings for hay in trade. Wink

Or send that rain this way. The Northwest is on the verge of burning to the ground.
joe56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Good 'ol sunny California Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:
crukab wrote:

Or send that rain this way. The Northwest is on the verge of burning to the ground.

it rain on this side on the mountains a few days ago but not enough to make much of a difference

why is there no sarcasism button on here?
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

You must not be a true Norwegian. It says at this link ----> Norwegians Bask In The Sun Cool
I'm only a quarter Norwegian and have always loved the sun, and have had three surgeries on my head for skin cancer to prove it. I learned too late to always wear a hat outdoors.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randall wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

You must not be a true Norwegian. It says at this link ----> Norwegians Bask In The Sun Cool
I'm only a quarter Norwegian and have always loved the sun, and have had three surgeries on my head for skin cancer to prove it. I learned too late to always wear a hat outdoors.

Norwegian/German with some English and a few other makes thrown in for good measure. As pale as Jim Gaffigan, with a bunch of freckles mixed in.

My dad has had many chunks of flesh removed from his back and ears due to overexposure to the sun's rays. I keep covered up, and stay out of the sun when I can.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

Norwegian/German with some English and a few other makes thrown in for good measure. As pale as Jim Gaffigan, with a bunch of freckles mixed in.
My dad has had many chunks of flesh removed from his back and ears due to overexposure to the sun's rays. I keep covered up, and stay out of the sun when I can.

So a mutt... like 99.9% of us.... Laughing

The sun is EVIL. Its trying to kill us every day.....and bake everything it shines its rays upon... It will eventually get us all..

My wife just had her first 3 "spots" hacked out of her skin...(now clear margins on the second round).. She sun worshiped when she was younger (even with butter as an enhancer.... Rolling Eyes )....as well as the fake baked human microwaved at times to get a jump start.. .... Fortunately she realized about 15 years ago.. while a tan looks awesome ...... it can have some serious consequences..

We tied some symptoms she had every spring to the sun..... needless to say as much as she loves the sun... realized.. it IS making her physically and mentally sick..
Its amazing the effects of something we take for granted everyday... can cause serious problems without ever realizing it..

Keep the shadows people... ..

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ChrisFred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can attest that Pennsylvania weather recently has been the polar opposite of SoCal. Rained every day for the past two weeks.

If I wanted rain I would live in Washington...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: