Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Identifying Okrasa 1200
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
56samba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Identifying Okrasa 1200 Reply with quote

Hey there,
this is my first post and I hope to make everything correct and that you can understand my English.
We bought an Okrasa kit some months ago on a German swap meet. We are not from the tuning scene, so we do not know much about it.
Because of the valves, the kit must be for a 30 HP engine.
The carbs are there too, but without any tagging, so we are unsure, if they are Solex PCB 30, 28 or PCI or what ever...
The oil filter is missing, can we use a Fram from a 356?
And we also need a distributor, a men told us that they are not very specific, so it is right, that we can use Bosch BR8 or BR25?
Last question is about the number inside the heads:
On the Internet, I just found kits with the number 0.16, our kitis marked as 0.15. So do that mean it is older?

Thanks for watching,
Jan Lino
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwdutchy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no answers coming from me Jan,
I'm just interested inthe same information for my 1200 stock engine

cheers Henk
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GHIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the Okrasa heads stamped 0.15 are for 30HP and the Okrasa heads stamped 0.16 are for 40HP
On the Okrasa heads 30HP the exhaust valve are in 28mm and intake valve are in 33mm and the carbs are 32PBIC solex
cavscout
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.15 are used up to 36hp, I have an original pair on my 57 beetle engine, 010 distributor gives more power, and GHIA is correct about the 32 PBIC Solex carbs but you can use others.
79 vert
2010 VW CC Turbo
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: