Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hebmuller from 1970s Weathervane dealer magazine
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ste VW agen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here's a shot of "2 Heb Pete" Banholzer together with Terry Shuler & Robert "Butch" Taylor last September during "Heb Tour - 2014"

These guys are all Veteran Heb Owners from the Pre - Internet days . Pete's Heb 350 went to Liechenstein, Terry's Heb 422 went to Germany ? & Butch's Heb 418 went to Mark Schlachter at METALKRAFT in Cincinnati .

Heb Tours since 2011 celebrate the contributions of veteran Heb owners & bring them together with the current Heb scene! Heb Tour - 2015 will feature Axel Hebmueller & Bill Goeoper (Heb 309) & with coincide with the VW / Porsche Reunion of the Cincinnati Volkswagen Club.
The event takes place the last Sat & Sunday of September in Cincinnati's Gernania Park!

ALL Current & Former Heb owners worldwide are invited to show up & share their cars & stories with us! More details to follow.
Herr_French
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Cincinnati VW/Porsche Car Show - special guest Alex Hebmuell Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/shows/#September_2015 - follow this link to September 27, 2015

The Cincinnati VW Club is proud to announce Axel Hebmueller will be our special guest at our annual show at Germania Park in Cincinnati Ohio. Go to out website www.cintivwclub.com or our FB page Cincy VW Club for more information.

We look forward to honoring the Beetle on its' 70th birthday this year, but also to have the Heb featured with a member of the family will make the show extra special!

Come on out and see us!
ste VW agen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a shot of Recently re - re - restored Heb 350 at the Irvine Classic 'Heb Line-up" of June 1998. Ex - Banholzer then Bill Collins car.

Next to it is Heb 309 in Black & Tan. This Heb was also a Bill Collins Car but was sold to Bill Goepper of Kentucky sometime in the 90's ?

Both Hebs were featured in an article in Hot VW's called "The Collins Collection" and their stories explained (I think). Does anyone have this edition of Hot VW's for posting here?

Or is anyone in touch with Bill Collins for comment?

Many thanks, Ste VW e

peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste VW e, If I recall it, On that meeting, there were 9 hebs, a record for the us, that was beaten in Bad Camberg 99 with 22 Hebs in one place, then 2009 in Hessisch, the record was beaten again with 29 hebs...

At the Classic, even the South African heb was there for a 3 month trip with owner John Smith from Johannesburg. After that tour it was shipped back to Africa... and then to the UK and now in Belgium and was also at the meeting last year when we visited the Hebmuller factory hosted by Claus Hebmuller and his family, remember that Stevwe Wink

Maybe the Cinncinatti meeting can break another record Wink And therefore, I call all hebmuller owners, ex owners to join that meeting and go there to say hello to Axel Hebmuller as a special guest from the Fatherland. I wish I could go also to meet you all ( but not possible for the moment ;-( for private reason)
Greetings Peter .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake Martinez
The VW Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the yellow heb

65 bug
67 standard

zombie wrote:
buslife wrote:

10 inch narrowed beam

Congrats, that's going to look like shit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake Martinez wrote:
Check out the yellow heb

Hello , can you help me with the info where these picts came from. I whould love to have them in better quality... The heb in question is Heb 316 and now in Canada and I am in contact with the owner. That is probably ex ray von Giesen's car. Thanks for sharing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake Martinez
The VW Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they are rays old cars. Pm me
65 bug
67 standard

zombie wrote:
buslife wrote:

10 inch narrowed beam

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ste VW agen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vielen Dank VW Kid!

This has been a great thread as it seeks out the path of the Banholzer Yellow Heb since that B/W pic in WeatherVane. Now we're going the other way!

Pete Banholzer told me that "in the 60's, he purchased one of his Hebs from a Colonel in North Carolina who had "Several Hebs." Of those two Hebs, one was modified (A Lot) & restored as seen in pic above.

Can you assist here by confirming if Ray was an ex - US Serviceman; or if Ray perhaps ordered & purchased incoming VW rarities from returning US serviceman such as The "Colonel" Pete mentioned?

Can anyone else share memories / pics of Ray's awesome cars? Is Ray still around perhaps for an interview?

Ste VW e
Hacksaw-BoB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for hijacking this link !!

http://www.VintageVolkswagenModels.com

Collector of Vintage VW Toys

BoB's Restor-Version Shop

Last edited by Hacksaw-BoB on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake Martinez
The VW Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey yes ray was a US service man

He had been collecting for ever i want to say he started bringing cars with him from other countries in the 60s

Unfortunately Ray passed away a little over a year ago.

Please feel free to pm me

,jake
65 bug
67 standard

zombie wrote:
buslife wrote:

10 inch narrowed beam

Vealmonkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry Shulers car was bought in Va in the 80s. I remember seeing it the day he bought it and brought it to Bug Out in manassas. I have pictures of the heb and it was green and had a black top and was flat towed. Terry had written NOT FOR SALE on the car with shoe polish. The car was listed for sale in Hemmings motor news if memory serves me correctly. The car had patches of red oxide primer on it and the top was tattered and faded. I don't have the pictures right now due to a house fire I had and hadn't got all my stuff back yet. There couldn't have been too many hebs in virginia though at that time. Who knows.
ste VW agen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Heb_Monkey,

Thanks for your great & informative post here. Pete Banholzer & Terry Shuler have been Heb_friends for decades . Is this the car on that day at the Virginia Bug - Out as you recall ?

If so, we'd love any more photos you may have taken of Terry's new Heb & of any other Heb you may have in your collection .

Sorry to hear about the House fire .

Thanks ,

The Heb_Hunters

geraldcrewcab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....whats that for a conversion., at least 30 years old....???

you can read at the text thats a story about this car in Autokampioen 30-08-1986, its a netherlands magazine.

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/auto-s/oldtimers/m9451...ousPage=lr
Vealmonkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that was the day that Terry Shuler bought that Heb.
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From 2015:
janerick3 wrote:
I remember when Walter Russo owned this car in the 1980s. All he did to it was swap out the 1962 taillights for 1950-52 units w/blue dots pressed into the lenses. Otherwise, it was unchanged. Bill Collins swapped out the 1961(?) chassis for a period-correct chassis when he restored it in the early 1990s. This was the red and ivory car that went overseas.

I saw Mr. Russo's pale yellow Heb at either a VVWCA or a Connecticut VW Association VW meet at Valenti Volkswagen, Watertown Connecticut (near Waterbury) in May 1986. Looking at my photo, unfortunately the right half is blocked by a spectator... but I can still see enough of that lic. plate seen in the front shot from kdf38 in the same thread, starting with the small "registration category" diagonal letters on the left, and the "70..." main number. At that time the Heb still had its large rear window, and the top had the same diagonal seam at the upper left window corner. It also still had a twin-pipe exhaust (though no more taper tips) and rear apron. It now had correct Heb taillamps (with the blue-dots!) but they were mounted up much too high from the original position, likely using the '62 Beetle taillamp wiring and/or mounting holes which Mr. Banholzer had in his Weathervane photo. It also had a correct-era rear bumper in '86.

The caption in Everett's first photo of Mr. Banholzer and his Heb has the dealer name misspelled; an "s" is missing:

Current dealer name is DARCARS VW Fairfax, though at the very same street address as on the document pouch. The "HB" stood for the dealer German founder's name Horst Bruno.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: