Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seattle-area A/C Service
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
HBB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Seattle-area A/C Service Reply with quote

Any recommendations for a shop in the greater Seattle area to work on a Vanagon A/C system? I've taken it about as far as I care to on my own, looking for a pro with the right equipment to take it from here.
Birdcage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eions automotive

he's done the AC in both our vans and couldn't be happier

2501 west lake ave N.
206-363-5560
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eion's is my go to shop but I'm looking for an opportunity to try Peace Vans. Hopefully, I won't be visiting either shop this summer. Very Happy

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Snort
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first got my Van I talked to Eion when he was Tec Shop and at that time he said he only worked on R134 systems and he referred R12 out to someone else, but I didn't ask who that someone else was.

Birdcage, are your systems R12?
HBB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies--I'll try to post a follow-up once I have the chance to get the van in to get looked over.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow-up on results will be great as I'll have some a/c work to do after my engine swap. Thanks!

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
HBB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle-area A/C Service Reply with quote

I had Eion do some A/C work on one of my other VW's a few days back, which reminded me that I never did follow up on this thread.

I'd definitely recommend him--one of the better experiences I've had with a shop.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: