Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jerome Jamboree XXV September 18-20, 2015
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
borninabus
Samba R&D Dept.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else putiing their dash plaque to good use?
lets see em!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time, thanks for putting on this event for 25 years! I hope it makes 25 more.

Link to my JJ15 trip thread in the bay window forum. Thanks again guys, see you all next year.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7824259&highlight=#7824259
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
fergus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

918griffin wrote:
I spent four hours pulling tickets out of the most incredible places. And that was just the back. Crap there were hundreds behind one rear panel alone. Shocked

Still need to tackle the door panels and the front cab. Next year there needs to be an announcement, "some disassembly required." Very Happy

I was wondering why the door handles wouldn't completely secure. Got out my flashlight and Holy Crap! More tickets!

I'm still in shock. I never would have thought this was possible. Completely incredible and very humbling.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

http://www.arizonabusclub.com

An Arizona-based, family-oriented club, dedicated to the restoration, preservation, and enjoyment of the Volkswagen Transporter. Plus we drink a lot of beer.

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "Wood U Hit It? (Possibly NSFW)" at TheSamba.com.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fergus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the best one yet (sure I say that every year but it's still true!) Thank you Bill and Shawn for traveling / working on the bus / helping Roy drink gallons of beer. Thank you to everyone who worked on the raffle bus! Thank you Jeremiah for fearlessly going where no VP has gone and our President Gary Lampinen who just keeps us all smiling! For the person who's pissed because they got there late just come earlier next year and have fun - come have a beer by my camp fire!

http://www.arizonabusclub.com

An Arizona-based, family-oriented club, dedicated to the restoration, preservation, and enjoyment of the Volkswagen Transporter. Plus we drink a lot of beer.

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "Wood U Hit It? (Possibly NSFW)" at TheSamba.com.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rjonas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the event I heard several stories of adventure and of helping out fellow VW pilots by some folks traveling to the event...I just love generosity of the people in the southwest VW scene. There was even a beetle that hit an elk on the way and was nearly destroyed but the driver just shrugged it off and displayed the minor cut on his finger as the only battle wound. Here are a few more pics from the event.

Kids painted this bus

The awesome artwork of Brian Bill giving homage to the old. Idiots Guide

The amazing light show from Walter the worlds largest VW bus

The lineup of 9 past raffle buses next to this years

And of course all the potential winners after only the first three numbers were called.

www.azbusclub.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to go to sleep on Thursday night when I got a text around midnight from Matt Miller the seat upholstery man. It said he had a friend that was broke down near here. The next morning I got a call from the guy, he needed a drum for the rear of his lowered barndoor bus. Shocked Well, there is a old parts bus at the shop that had a drum but the drum needed to be cut for the custom application so he took it to a machine shop. Next thing I know I see the bus at Jerome, glad it worked out. Cool
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
rjonas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2015 Jerome Jamboree XXV lucky raffle bus winner is Justin from Glendale, AZ!
Congrats and enjoy!

The event was one for the books…record attendance, 9-past raffle buses on display, beautiful weather, zero drama, awesome raffle bus, great raffle prizes and the AZ Bus Club has its newest member of the raffle bus club.

www.azbusclub.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GTV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's common knowledge.
azbootcamp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: where did all the buses go at 10am Reply with quote

was quoted from the higher echolon from of the arizona bus club. sorry but completely disagree with your assessment on "being common knowledge " for event like this. been to many various events on the final day and still find participants in the latter part of the afternoon.

BulliBill wrote:
azbootcamp wrote:
in the past i have made the event on either a friday or a saturday. i was told a few weeks ago by a member that sunday is a full day show and entrance is free after 11am. i made it to cottonwood around 9 am and was wondering why all the caravans were heading out. by the time i started up the hill to jerome it looked like a mass exodus vw's.

10:30am and not much was left- even vendors pulled out. kind of irks me to make plans for a sunday event which is not actually a sunday event.... we stopped off in jerome and met a few other bus fans that came up on a sunday and only saw the mass exodus as well-

Entry & Camping Fees: $10 per vehicle per night plus $5. Wait...what?
Show up on Thursday = $35
Show up on Friday = $25
Show up on Saturday = $15
Sunday after 11am = FREE
Walk in's are $5 per person per day for everyone over 14 years old.
Vendors are subject to the above pricing plus $5
Driving one of the past 22 Raffle Buses? Your weekend entry is FREE!

What's going on?
Raffle prizes Friday, Saturday and Sunday. (Every hour on the hour!)
Silent Auction, Vintage Fat Tire Bicycle Contest, Longest Hair Contest, Tattoo Contest, Fishbowl Raffle, Slow Drag Contest, Cornhole Competition, Chili Cookoff and some lucky winner will drive off in a restored 1959 VW Panel Bus!

Your beef is with the guy who told you the event is "a full show day". It is common knowledge that everyone calls it a day immediately after the winning ticket is drawn for the winning of the raffle Bus. Bummer that you didn't check it out more, but you won't make that mistake again.

The entire event was fantastic, I and buddy Shawn Sides flew out from St. Louis on Wednesday to visit our best buddy Roy Jonas and help out with final preparations of the "Jerome Fire Dept." raffle Bus, an early 1959 Panel in SWR. We worked hard on completing the Panel Bus on Wed and Thursday until 4pm when we called it quits and jumped into several Split Buses. The raffle Bus with it's 36bhp motor and split-case transaxle led the way on a cool back roads scenic journey up and into the sunset to climb all the way up to the Jerome Jamboree site after dark. The raffle Bus almost took out an elk! That fire panel has good brakes!

Thanks again and again for the wonderful hospitality of Roy, Jerimiah, "Mish" and all of the other ABC members! We re-met many old friends, and made quite a few new ones too (Brian and Missy). Other than some obnoxious young punks (fuckin' inconsiderate juvenile twerps) yelling and cussing long, long, long into the night and morning hours, and a few mildly annoying and unsupervised kids, this event was excellent, with just over 300 old VWs (mostly Buses of all eras and models) jammed together communally onto a ledge on the side of Mt. Mingus for four days and three nights. What a gas! I'll be washing dust off of me for days! I can't wait to do it all over again in about 364 days from now!

Thanks so much to all of the hard-working volunteers of the ABC for a wonderful weekend! You all should take a long hot shower, crawl into bed and take the rest of this week off! You certainly deserve it!

A HUGE personal "thank you" from me also goes out to long-time friend Melissa Jess who enticed me out West with the promise to loan me her former "raffle Bus" named "Elvis" to use/drive and camp in for the weekend.
Elvis rocked my world this past weekend Melissa, thanks for trusting him to me! A great looking and awesome running Transporter!

Bill Bowman

www.DesertMagazineSW.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
azbootcamp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea- whatever

gt1953 wrote:
I second that write up BulliBill!!
If you snooze you loose.
Thanks for lady whom served me a salad and steak sandwich on Saturday something not expected. Yep communal, would be the best description when it comes to using the available shade.
Congrats to the raffle bus winner hope he finds all of the tickets!!

www.DesertMagazineSW.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
918griffin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent four hours pulling tickets out of the most incredible places. And that was just the back. Crap there were hundreds behind one rear panel alone. Shocked

Still need to tackle the door panels and the front cab. Next year there needs to be an announcement, "some disassembly required." Very Happy

I was wondering why the door handles wouldn't completely secure. Got out my flashlight and Holy Crap! More tickets!

I'm still in shock. I never would have thought this was possible. Completely incredible and very humbling.
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that write up BulliBill!!
If you snooze you loose.
Thanks for lady whom served me a salad and steak sandwich on Saturday something not expected. Yep communal, would be the best description when it comes to using the available shade.
Congrats to the raffle bus winner hope he finds all of the tickets!!

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: where did all the buses go at 10am Reply with quote

azbootcamp wrote:
in the past i have made the event on either a friday or a saturday. i was told a few weeks ago by a member that sunday is a full day show and entrance is free after 11am. i made it to cottonwood around 9 am and was wondering why all the caravans were heading out. by the time i started up the hill to jerome it looked like a mass exodus vw's.

10:30am and not much was left- even vendors pulled out. kind of irks me to make plans for a sunday event which is not actually a sunday event.... we stopped off in jerome and met a few other bus fans that came up on a sunday and only saw the mass exodus as well-

Show up on Friday = $25
Sunday after 11am = FREE

What's going on?
Silent Auction, Vintage Fat Tire Bicycle Contest, Longest Hair Contest, Tattoo Contest, Fishbowl Raffle, Slow Drag Contest, Cornhole Competition, Chili Cookoff and some lucky winner will drive off in a restored 1959 VW Panel Bus!

Your beef is with the guy who told you the event is "a full show day". It is common knowledge that everyone calls it a day immediately after the winning ticket is drawn for the winning of the raffle Bus. Bummer that you didn't check it out more, but you won't make that mistake again.

The entire event was fantastic, I and buddy Shawn Sides flew out from St. Louis on Wednesday to visit our best buddy Roy Jonas and help out with final preparations of the "Jerome Fire Dept." raffle Bus, an early 1959 Panel in SWR. We worked hard on completing the Panel Bus on Wed and Thursday until 4pm when we called it quits and jumped into several Split Buses. The raffle Bus with it's 36bhp motor and split-case transaxle led the way on a cool back roads scenic journey up and into the sunset to climb all the way up to the Jerome Jamboree site after dark. The raffle Bus almost took out an elk! That fire panel has good brakes!

Thanks again and again for the wonderful hospitality of Roy, Jerimiah, "Mish" and all of the other ABC members! We re-met many old friends, and made quite a few new ones too (Brian and Missy). Other than some obnoxious young punks (fuckin' inconsiderate juvenile twerps) yelling and cussing long, long, long into the night and morning hours, and a few mildly annoying and unsupervised kids, this event was excellent, with just over 300 old VWs (mostly Buses of all eras and models) jammed together communally onto a ledge on the side of Mt. Mingus for four days and three nights. What a gas! I'll be washing dust off of me for days! I can't wait to do it all over again in about 364 days from now!

Thanks so much to all of the hard-working volunteers of the ABC for a wonderful weekend! You all should take a long hot shower, crawl into bed and take the rest of this week off! You certainly deserve it!

A HUGE personal "thank you" from me also goes out to long-time friend Melissa Jess who enticed me out West with the promise to loan me her former "raffle Bus" named "Elvis" to use/drive and camp in for the weekend.
Elvis rocked my world this past weekend Melissa, thanks for trusting him to me! A great looking and awesome running Transporter!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
borninabus
Samba R&D Dept.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me & Red taking a pass through on saturday night:

Link

57singlecab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject: Jerome2015 Reply with quote

Had a great time at Jerome. Nice to meet a lot of great people. Tom fromtucsoon, Chas from CO, along with Ritchie,bubba, Jen and Hugo. Also thanks again Mike for the compressor. Stu and Helen nice meeting you and Arabella. Was a great weekend. Can't forget Indy car Rick also. A not to miss event. Congrats to the guy who won the nice panel. Thanks to ABC for another great event.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw people coming up Sunday and was like, why are they going that way? I am sorry to hear some folks thought late Sunday had anything going on, I have always known it ends early Sunday and only a few peeps stick around til late. We had a great time and I drove 2 of my buses there. Very Happy The biggest problem I had was jealousy. I thought I had a cool bus that people would ask about and want to see but our new neighbor stole the fricken show with his OG single cab camper conversion. Mad Peeps would take pics and want to get inside and ask questions, then just walk right past my sweet bus. Laughing
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
azbootcamp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: where did all the buses go at 10am Reply with quote

Show up on Friday = $25
Sunday after 11am = FREE

What's going on?
www.DesertMagazineSW.com
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a broken down bus from the south here, needs a wide 5 drum for his rear end. We will get him fixed. Cool
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
borninabus
Samba R&D Dept.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shooting for a 9am Friday departure from Air Cooleds Only 611 Division st. Prescott, AZ 86301
jingram
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packing up now and need to know if water is available on site or do we need to bring all of our own water?
Thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: