Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Easy New Harness Wiring Question
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghiacrazy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Easy New Harness Wiring Question Reply with quote

I have been installing my new KGPR/Wiring Works wiring loom. My car and harness are 1968. The original ghia diagram shows a grey and black/white or black/green wire to each front turn signal. This makes sense because I have two male posts in my turn signal bucket. So why does my wiring harness have a third wire for ground in there? It already has continuity with the ground. Do I hook it up somewhere, or ignore it?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The grey wire is your marker light. The black/white or black/green ( a different colour either side) is your flashers. The brown is the earth and it should end on a tab in the body of the flasher light unit.

The later versions of this light fitting have this tab which is an add by VW because the screws through the paint in the apron didn't provide a reliable earth. If yours is without the tab, replace the spade connector on the brown wire with a crimped eyelet and fix that to one of the studs holding the lot in place, between the rubber grommet and the stud.

On mine, the earth wire runs up into the headlight bucket and there is an eyelet screwed into the back of the bucket providing the earth connection for both the headlight and the flasher.

Nicholas
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
ghiacrazy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thanks, I grounded the brown wire in the headlight bucket. I'll change the spade to an eyelet and ground it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: