Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cheap vacation help! Gulf Shores/Pensacola Area
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cannedspam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Cheap vacation help! Gulf Shores/Pensacola Area Reply with quote

Probably a shot in the dark...but I have a four day weekend coming up and wanted to take the kids to the beach. Anyone live down that way? Maybe recommend a nice beach area with decent hotel prices that aren't ridiculous. I don't need a resort, just a clean hotel/motel thing within walking distance of a nice beach. Kinda hard to tell much from just googling stuff. Any ideas?
e&m_ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like no-one's jumping up to volunteer, so maybe this is as good a start as any... No, we don't live there.

Been several years since I used to travel down that way, but the whole string of beaches east of Pensacola is well known for beautiful pure-white-sand beaches. (The popular name of "Redneck Riviera" really doesn't do the region much justice. The beaches themselves are nicer than anything I recall from the other side of Florida, on the east coast. But we have family on the east coast of Fla, so that's where we go.)

I used to stay in Fort Walton Beach when I was down there on business. Nice hotels, nothing fancy, but on the beach. A place to start.

The company was picking up the tab, so I don't recall how much they cost relative to anywhere else.
minger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cape San Blas is an amazing beach though I have no idea about $.
helowrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minger wrote:
Cape San Blas is an amazing beach though I have no idea about $.

I was going to post this, but it is an hour or two east of Pens. beautiful place for family style relaxation.
Grayton Beach is another gem near Ft Walton. Nice state park to camp in.

Unfortunately Pensacola is one place I have been to bunches, but since I have many relatives there, lodging is about the only thing I do not have to worry about.

Beautiful area down near Lillian AL though.
73 914 1.7
12 Passat 2.5 Highway cruiser
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cape sanblast more like 3-4 hours east of pcola. but destin&fortwaltonbeach are also very nice. 40 min east of pcola.& probably have more smaller motells,get on the net & check prices,groupon,travelosity etc. fort pickens is great if your camping(pcola) Im in shalimar/fortwaltonbeach.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go on VRBO or other rental by owner website. I've gotten some great places way cheaper than a hotel, especially when you need some real room to relax
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: