Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anybody have engine compartment pic for Fiberfab MG?
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Anybody have engine compartment pic for Fiberfab MG? Reply with quote

Working on one right now. There is a LOT of open space between the engine tins and the glass body. Are they supposed to be like that? Anybody have a pic.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got a picture yet because my engine is not installed. BUT...the FiberFab Assembly Manual says to trim the rear valence to the engine tins. Go to the TD Replica site (our club site) and look in the assembly manual section on the right of the home page. The TDReplica site is http://tdreplica.com/

2012 Silverado
53 FiberFab MG TD Replica (VW)

Life is hard and its harder if you're stupid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there variations on the the Fiberfab cars? This one has a flip down spare holde. Have not seen that yet. And are you saying that the fibeglass was to be trimmed close to the engine tin? What about above the area around the fan shroud?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you said...there are various styles. My spare tire attaches to the rear engine cover and the cover is hinged at the top. To get to the engine you unclip the side hold downs and lift the cover upwards. I think British Coach Works (BCW) pulls down. But I would guess all the models say to trim as close to the engine tin as possible. Never heard anything about up front of the fan shroud.

Check this site for the TD replica group. www.tdreplica.com

2012 Silverado
53 FiberFab MG TD Replica (VW)

Life is hard and its harder if you're stupid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This car has a the flip down "trunk" with spare attached, but it has a Fiberfab dash plaque. Already have been on the TDreplica site and have printed the manuals. Making good headway on this car and have just installed all the missing tin, which will help. It is what it is and will have a conversation with the car owner Friday to see what he wants to do about me fabbing panel to fill the gaps.

Man - would have been so much nicer if that various "hacks" had kept their hands off this over the years.....So much crap so sort out and fix, but then why would this be any different than any of the old Bugs I have worked on...LOL

Thanks.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: