Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Type 3 Model Year Variations
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vdubin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best of the usa years in the 1969. it has the IRS rear suspension, the old body style, has front disc brakes and is 12v.

the only bad about the 1969... bullet turns, I prefer wrap arounds.
silvertonguedevil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except for high back buckets and external gas door. Yuck.
one4house
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
one4house wrote:
Type 3 nerds. All of ya!

One of these days I might know, or be able to remember, 10% of all that crap.... Smile

If you decide to keep this one (that you have right now), you might want to learn some type 3 history, while the "old timers" are still around. .

It is funny to hear you speak of me as if i'm in my 20's. I appreciate the compliment.

I am soaking up as much as I can. The 40 year old brain doesn't retain as much as the 20 year old brain, but I do listen. I promise. I appreciate the wealth of knowledge we have here, and I hope I can retain 10% of what you guys know. As stated above.

Along those lines, when I rebuilt my first ACVW top end in 91, I didn't think I would be in this scene for as long as I have been. I left for a while, but i've always had an interest, kept my skills up learned when I needed to. But I do have over 20 years of experience in the aircooled VWs. I'm just newish to Type 3's.

Just cause I go about my input a little jokingly doesn't mean I don't know a thing or two. I just keep quiet till there is an area of knowledge I am confident in.

You keep posting and I'll keep reading and learning. I promise.
My Old 70 Squareback
66DC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: 62 Squareback Reply with quote

I just purchased a 62 Squareback and it has an S on the rear hatch is this correct? did they make a S and N model before 64?

thanks
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 62 Squareback Reply with quote

66DC wrote:
I just purchased a 62 Squareback and it has an S on the rear hatch is this correct? did they make a S and N model before 64?

thanks

Nope and Nope. What's the VIN on the pan?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 62 Squareback Reply with quote

ataraxia wrote:
66DC wrote:

thanks

Nope and Nope. What's the VIN on the pan?

This. Post the VIN #, it's probably a '64, possibly registered as the wrong year.

Or maybe it's a '62 and someone stuck an "S" on the back.
That would be nice but both 62 and 64 are great years.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWMark562
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject: Rear Hatch Differences Reply with quote

Sorry but I did not see it here, but is there any differences in the rear door hatch of a Squareback ? Are all years interchangeable ? If I read right it seems that the only difference is that a defroster was introduced in '68,'69 ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sjbartnik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Rear Hatch Differences Reply with quote

markngina wrote:
Sorry but I did not see it here, but is there any differences in the rear door hatch of a Squareback ? Are all years interchangeable ? If I read right it seems that the only difference is that a defroster was introduced in '68,'69 ?

There is a difference in the license plate light housing somewhere along the way as well.
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The major change was from 67 to 68 when the rear license light housing was 'attached' vs. 'integrated', although there are several minor changes prior.

The early 'integrated' version also had several minor changes due to emblem pin holes. Off the top of my head: up to 65 there are two: those with pin holes for the "S" model and those without. Changed in 66 and again in 67, IIRC.
VWMark562
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome thank you. These were just the answers I was looking for.
Thank you.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: