Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I want this stance, help, suggestions etc thanks, lowering
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nvmipis1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject: I want this stance, help, suggestions etc thanks, lowering Reply with quote

I want to know hoe to get this stance, I currently just have flipoed spindles with alk stock trans with reduction
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nvmipis1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im looking to get this stance , best advuse and on a budget, I know I can easily drop close to $3500- $4500 for this bit best advice will be great thanks vw family
Here is a picture of my current situation

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stephbong
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you already have the good tyres size Smile

Of course you'll need an adjustable/narrowed beam ( 4 inchs?) and go IRS back
donald.lemay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might have to raise steering box and tub to achieve that look. Theres a seventy six page sticky, lots of guys giving up there combo's.
ported polished heads 40x36 valves
010 distributor
VS 42mm exhaust
40 IDF carbs
Stephbong
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with those low profiles tyres not sure he will have to tub but yes I agree on the steering rise
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would consider leaving the height like it is and putting that money into a paint job. I'm not trying to be a jerk, sorry if that comment came off that way. Just my honest first thought.
nvmipis1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irs? Does thatmean new type 1 tranny,? I was told that by changing out my axels to type 3 will also help with tranny and allow my sc to run faster
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that bus, we hanged out at Prado with you and your girls. Cool You should make your own lowered front beam and side plates, and narrow it yourself too. My buddy has a single cab that he did that with and it is slammed.

1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Red Fau Veh on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
nvmipis1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have pictures or information on how or what he did, and I remember how was the drive back to Arizona? ? Pretty hot huh ? But yeah I want a better stance on my sc
brettsvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stickies
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71827

Build a beam
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71084

81 pages how to lower
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66927

I believe WagensWest sells a build your own beam kit.

My 59 kombi build.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=635003&highlight=

My buggy build.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=558601&highlight=

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289807
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GTV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Fau Veh wrote:
I know that bus, we hanged out at Prado with you and your girls. Cool You should make your own lowered front beam and side plates, and narrow it yourself too. My buddy has a single cab that he did that with and it is slammed.

If you're talking about Chris that was a CB 2" beam that he cut an extra 2" out of. It's lowered for sure, but it's not slammed at all Wink
DubStyle
SBS Hit Squad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get there with some work...

Straight axle kit in the rear
Adjusters on your beam
Stock wheels will help with tuck in the front, but you can also narrow a little more for BRM offset

Check out the links above for answers!

SBS #1
SBS #1 on FB

"The original & best lowered Split Bus website/club"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nvmipis1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to do 4" narrow beam with adjusters, my spindle are already flipped and going to stick with the current wheels on sc speed master wheels, straight axel kit? I do not have to change out my tranny? I was under the impression that I would need to switch to a type 1 tranny and if im doing that might as well go with freeway flyer caused this stick trans SUCKS! cant go past 55mph Mad
lo-lo55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeway flyer rebuilt trans if you can spend the $, put it all together right and be done with it. Might need a small notch in the frame rails for your tie rods too, mine was that low but raised it a click didn't want to notch it or raise the box. Four inch beam with flipped spindles also, will be a cool truck when your done.
lowindO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that stance and that driveway, your definitely going to need a steering box raise. Even then you will still scrape the bottoms of your front bumper over riders.

Also, you will have to change your exhaust. I recommend the vintage speed sport exhaust for lowered buses, but a stock exhaust will work if you cut the tip off some. Maybe A1 sidewinder or csp Python as well but I'm not as familiar with those.

Your atleast gonna want 4" but for the stock rim, king tuck look you'll be happier with a 6"+ with the speedmasters. Have you seen the panscrapers or maybe it's radikal bugs, blue pressed bumper SC on speed masters?

If your changing trans out, think hard about whether to go IRS or swing axle, as your gonna be changing out everything as you go. This can also be a good time to think about brake upgrades.

In the back I'd say either go IRS or get the offset dogleg adjustable plates.

If your thinking about tubs, how tall are you? How big are you? I've sat in tubbed buses, I am not a fan unless you modify the seat to remain in the stock location.

It's crazy how 3 more inches can be so much work and cost $!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lowindO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inspiration, more narrowed beams with stock wheels.

nvmipis1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lowindO wrote:
With that stance and that driveway, your definitely going to need a steering box raise. Even then you will still scrape the bottoms of your front bumper over riders.

Also, you will have to change your exhaust. I recommend the vintage speed sport exhaust for lowered buses, but a stock exhaust will work if you cut the tip off some. Maybe A1 sidewinder or csp Python as well but I'm not as familiar with those.

Your atleast gonna want 4" but for the stock rim, king tuck look you'll be happier with a 6"+ with the speedmasters. Have you seen the panscrapers or maybe it's radikal bugs, blue pressed bumper SC on speed masters?

If your changing trans out, think hard about whether to go IRS or swing axle, as your gonna be changing out everything as you go. This can also be a good time to think about brake upgrades.

In the back I'd say either go IRS or get the offset dogleg adjustable plates.

If your thinking about tubs, how tall are you? How big are you? I've sat in tubbed buses, I am not a fan unless you modify the seat to remain in the stock location.

It's crazy how 3 more inches can be so much work and cost $!

I haven't done the narrowed beam yet Wil do soon. But what is the difference between irs and swing axels on a bus? Pros n cons? And i want to stick with the speed masters only cause i haven't seen many single cab with tjese wheels and i want to be a littlw different so i shoild go with 6" up front?
nvmipis1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lowindO wrote:
inspiration, more narrowed beams with stock wheels.

Those school are pretty clean that's the stance i want but i want to stick with speed master wheels
nvmipis1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lo-lo55 wrote:
Freeway flyer rebuilt trans if you can spend the $, put it all together right and be done with it. Might need a small notch in the frame rails for your tie rods too, mine was that low but raised it a click didn't want to notch it or raise the box. Four inch beam with flipped spindles also, will be a cool truck when your done.

That's what i was thinking but someone told me tjay i dont have to to all tjay work thay my normal stock trans woild be just fine...just remove the reduction and install type 3 axels and yeah i am definitely going to pit disks brakes in the rear and i wamt to this this right since im going to be taken everything off might as weel put it nack right and with proper upgrades after all i am on a budget Very Happy
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nvmipis1 wrote:
lo-lo55 wrote:

That's what i was thinking but someone told me tjay i dont have to to all tjay work thay my normal stock trans woild be just fine...just remove the reduction and install type 3 axels and yeah i am definitely going to pit disks brakes in the rear and i wamt to this this right since im going to be taken everything off might as weel put it nack right and with proper upgrades after all i am on a budget Very Happy

yeah that is fine as long as it is okay with you to have 4 reverse gears and 1 forward....

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: