Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'71 Super "ghetto" paint job
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VERTED71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks really god. Was looking at painting my convertible flat black while I save up the cash to paint it two tone, egg plaint with white inserts.

71 Super Beetle Vert
15x4.5 Front
15x6.5 Rear
155/60R15 74T tires FRONT
205/65/15 tires REAR
1600 Dual Port
Progessive Carb
Electronic Ignition
Tri Mil "hotdog" exhaust
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does look good. It's a satin paint so that's pretty much the amount of shine you're going for right? I'm not sure why people are talking about cutting and buffing when it's supposed to be satin. On this car, I think you're right that this is a fine solution. From my experience these types of finishes aren't as hard or resistant to gas as the 2k car paints. I'm not an expert but the person who said "an enamel is an enamel" I'm going to have to disagree with that. Rustoleum can give a decent paint job but it is not equal to the 2k actual car paints.
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinetops wrote:
It does look good. It's a satin paint so that's pretty much the amount of shine you're going for right? I'm not sure why people are talking about cutting and buffing when it's supposed to be satin. On this car, I think you're right that this is a fine solution. From my experience these types of finishes aren't as hard or resistant to gas as the 2k car paints. I'm not an expert but the person who said "an enamel is an enamel" I'm going to have to disagree with that. Rustoleum can give a decent paint job but it is not equal to the 2k actual car paints.

Yes the amount of shine is what I wanted. I have no plans to cut and buff. Honestly it'll never even get wet sanded. It's literally a $500 car. I have no plans to "restore" it. It's just a beater to get me to work that's cheap on gas. Don't need a bunch of chrome or shiny paint to scratch. From 10' away I could tell you it got painted at Maaco and you'd believe me. It's just a cheap "fix" to the crappy faded yellow, and imo it accomplishes that just fine.
candyflame73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey.....good job. Looks great. Definitely keep the updates coming on your build.

Eric
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: