Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

any idea where I can find this color?
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
otakuphill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: any idea where I can find this color? Reply with quote

So I got this 72 beetle and finally getting around to paint and body. The bug wad originally orange as I can tell from the peeling then he painted it a kind light red. The title says red. I washed it and love the semi gloss look it had wet and trying to find a color and paint close to how it looked in the photo.
Any ideas?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Clementine Orange VW color.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rockerarm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: any idea where I can find this color? Reply with quote

Hi. Try Maguire's Cleaner wax. It is gentle on the paint. That current paint might not be a quality paint, so try in a small hidden area.
Bill.
buguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: any idea where I can find this color? Reply with quote

Take it to a place that only sells auto paint. They can scan the car and get you a real close match. Then if you want it semi gloss you can just get a flattening agent for the clear.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: