Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How much to restore early headlight buckets
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeherb53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: How much to restore early headlight buckets Reply with quote

I bought a set of early hella headlights, they need to be repainted and re chromed.
I could sandblast and paint the housings, but I don't know how much, on average, to get the headlights rechromed.

Or if this would be worth it. West coast metric has new hella units listed for $179
https://www.westcoastmetric.com/product/113-021A-G...bus_195067
Air-Cooled Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: How much to restore early headlight buckets Reply with quote

joeherb53 wrote:
I bought a set of early hella headlights, they need to be repainted and re chromed.
I could sandblast and paint the housings, but I don't know how much, on average, to get the headlights rechromed.

Or if this would be worth it. West coast metric has new hella units listed for $179
https://www.westcoastmetric.com/product/113-021A-G...bus_195067

Wouldn't only the trim ring need re-chroming?
First thing to do is see if you can even find a re-chromer in your area. The cost of chroming + shipping might may make an all new assembly more attractive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the time re-chroming is expensive and slow. Id get new. If the new ones suck, you can send them back. If you get your old ones back, and they suck, they will just give you the finger.
joeherb53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfsburg west has them for $80, but not sure how good the quality.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: