Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Euro spec 56
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
r1ver_rat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Euro spec 56 Reply with quote

I am wanting to buy a euro spec 56. VIN 1-94987. According to SAMBA it looks like a build date of January of 56. The car a semaphores, curious as to what tail lights it had. I read on one site that heart tail lights were used till 56 in euro spec models and snowflake on U.S. Canadian and Guam models. Also, Being Built In January would this require the 2 fold ragtop with round front corners and square back? Also what other things would make a European spec different than the U.S. model?
66brm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Euro spec would have had snowflake tail lights for 56 model, it should have the early small style bumper overriders, rather than towel rails, no indicators other than the semaphores, fluted lens' on the headlights, symmetrical. I'm not 100% on the ragtops but I believe you are correct

modok wrote:
I am an expert at fitting things in holes, been doing it a long time
r1ver_rat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

66brm wrote:
Euro spec would have had snowflake tail lights for 56 model, it should have the early small style bumper overriders, rather than towel rails, no indicators other than the semaphores, fluted lens' on the headlights, symmetrical. I'm not 100% on the ragtops but I believe you are correct

Thanks for your response. Yes, the car came with snowflake tail lights. But when I read this (see attachment) I wasn't sure what is correct. I know these cars have been changed many times by previous owners. Wanting to make this correct as possible.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowflakes.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: