Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sparkplug seals
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
T-Buggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject: Sparkplug seals Reply with quote

I'm having fits trying to get the plug seal grommets in my project's stock '71 1600dp engine. I don't remember having these difficulties when working on my VW's back in the seventies. Is there a secret technique? A special tool? Should I lubricate them with silicone oil? Plug them in when I attach the wire to the plugs or slide them in afterward? Or do I need to make sure the label on the package does not say EMPI? I'm feeling pretty dumb for needing help on this. Thanks.
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok..the first thing that comes to mind is if you took the tops off the plugs? So its just a thread there?

If you are having trouble getting the seals to pop into the holes on the head covers then yes...a bit of silicone will help.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some are hard some are soft. some soft ones deform and dont seal after a fer months and get hard.it would be nice to have some good silocony plug wire seals that seal good and are easy to trim and still stay in.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: