Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Air ride suspension *PLEASE HELP
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
brettgray
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Air ride suspension *PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

So I have a 1970 volkswagen bug sedan. It has 2 or 2 and a half inch drop spindles currently. It's LOW. And I love it. But living in the desert where the roads are not all in great condition, will be rough on the car. I have fou.d some airbags for sale, they are firestone 2500 airbags, and they have all the hardware and pumps and compressers. I have a cali style bug, so the back is stock height, and I was wondering g if i could put bags on the front. The ones I found just have two airbags. Is that normal? And if I do get them, do I take off the drop spindles or.... the guy is asking $400 for the whole package. Compressers, hoses, wiring. Is this a good price if they will even work for my bug?
Air-Cooled Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$400 for the whole package is a SUPER deal. In fact, almost too good to be true. I'd be suspicious. Question

Do a little research and you'll find that a good set-up is around $2K.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-insta...mp;ssui=on
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kamesama980
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The package is probably just the bags and compressor. Hence why the OP is asking if it'll fit. Need more info to tell if it'll fit or how to install it.
1994 Pontiac Firebird
2001 BMW R1200C
2003 Subaru Baja
jdub63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been several threads on this subject. Most of the kits for the front either require a mod to the beam or use air shocks and removing the torsion bars.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=313075&highlight=ma756
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: