Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

oil relief?? 1700
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharkskinman
Lateral Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: oil relief?? 1700 Reply with quote

Single, dual?
Where are they at?
Picture?

Me of Course wrote:
Extremity is relative to how far your willing to jump

Ward Cleaver wrote:
You ever try a pink golf ball, Wally? Why, the wind shear alone on a pink golf ball can take the head off a 90-pound midget at over 300 yards

PS4 "NKOGNEATO"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the fan end....just aft/forward....toward the front of the car.... of the oil pump on the left hand side of the case centerline. The cap is about,1" diameter and takes a laaaarge flat blade.

On the right, hand aide of the engine under cylinder one is a control valve that takea a 12mm 1w point, socket. You shouldnt have to mess with that one.

Whats up sharkskinman? Wink
Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanapplebomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A chisle and a hammer work well for the large slotted one. Just knock it around in a circular motion. Harder than having the correct tool, but easier than you might expect.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

As for the one on the side of the engine, mine was an M14 triple square socket...I thought all engine equipped with this one were M14 triple squares, but maybe there are others out their like Ray has. He has seen a lot more of them than me. Wink

If yours is an M14 triple square and you don't have that special socket, a 3/8in socket extension fits perfect, and you won't damage the threads because it isn't very tight relatively speaking.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=487021
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are probably right about the 14mm vs 12mm. I am no where near my parts right now so this is going off the top of my head. Wink
Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jaxdream
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I live under a rock , what is it you want to do to the oil relief mechanism??? Besides cleaning out the oil galley .
Jack
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaxdream wrote:
Ok I live under a rock , what is it you want to do to the oil relief mechanism??? Besides cleaning out the oil galley .
Jack

But its shady under the rocks! Wink. Ray
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: