Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need help pricing these scopes
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
twowolves80
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Need help pricing these scopes Reply with quote

Hi! I know there's a bunch of gear heads on this site, and I've had luck pricing things here before, so I'm hoping you guys can come through for me again. EverettB has usually been my go-to, but even he is stumped.

I have a bunch of old scopes, including an ancient Sun Dynamometer, complete with the punch cards and all the parts, from at least the 60s if not older. I also have a Dumont engine scope type 901 that I can't find much on. The only one I've seen is on ebay and it's currently selling for something like $4300, but that seems a little optimistic... (http://www.ebay.com/itm/DuMont-EnginScope-Type-901-/161526193233?hash=item259bb61c51&item=161526193233&vxp=mtr) There's also three others, all in a Snap-On case.

If anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very old. I had one on rollers and the size of a giant toolbox. A shop gave it to me for free.

Nobody uses these anymore. There are plenty of handheld smaller ones to do all of your carbureted/points cars.

They are not worth anything. They take up lots of room for so little work.

Get you an alignment machine instead. Even the older ones are still very useful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: