Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Holley Bug spray Jetting pole
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
v-dub64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject: Holley Bug spray Jetting pole Reply with quote

Hello all,

Im curious what others have run for jets on there bug sprays. So asking for basic numbers from people. Im running a N.O.S 200 cfm version. Love it! Right now the carb has 47's for jetting. Chime in on what you or use to have on yours.

Mine: 1641 cc 47 jets

Thanks all! Smile
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran the biger carbs and dont remember jetting, I ran them in single form and duel's, also added power valve for full throttell enrichment. they made about 1/4 the power the idf style carbs do Shocked well maybee 1/2.they are just too small. mine also had a lot of work to increase flow and were on a 1874cc motor with fk8 cam&10.5 cr, 40x35 ported heads, 1 .625 merged header.
Tmagz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Holley Bug spray Jetting pole Reply with quote

What I plan to run in mine are these new adjustable jets made for the holley 94. As far as I understand the body casting of these carbs is the same.
v-dub64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Holley Bug spray Jetting pole Reply with quote

Yup!, Just ordered them last week, pretty sweet idea. Worth the 35.00 not have to take the carb off half dozen times.

http://vintagespeed.com/
Tmagz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Holley Bug spray Jetting pole Reply with quote

Yeah, they look great! And they even make a larger diameter butterfly shaft for fixing potential air leakage from a worn out bore hole. I am trying to make a linkage to use dual bug sprays. Most people hate bug sprays but honestly, I like the challenge and I don't want to spend $500 for chinese webers... or even $60 plus to just rebuild DCNFs...

I get that they are better carbs but the holley is basically set up for an idle circuit and an open throttle circuit. It's the same idea as a Weber IDA on the street. Not great because it only has 2 circuits but it is "usable."

Dual Holleys are also something unique (nowadays) and they have that authentic vintage performance look. Webers were something only the racers had back in the day. Bug Sprays were something for everyone and a lot of people ran them, unfortunately, I can't seem to find those experienced people. I contacted Gene Berg and he doesn't seem to have his tuning manuals for this set up any longer.
v-dub64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Holley Bug spray Jetting pole Reply with quote

I have been researching and rebuilding Holley Bug sprays for years now. What i have found is that it boils down to the proper set up. Holley Bug spray runs awesome when done right. Very Happy And when done wrong runs like SH_t. Which gave its bad reputation. Mad Plus they do have more than 2 circuits. I have information that you may be looking for. Send me a PM and we can discuss further.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: