Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pair of Slvr Snowflake Tail Lights Stolen off my 1960 VW Bug
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Pair of Slvr Snowflake Tail Lights Stolen off my 1960 VW Bug Reply with quote

Hello All,

I just wanted to reach out to the community here on TheSamba and share with you that my pair of tail lights were stolen off my 1960 bug.

I doubt I will recover them and they'll magically appear back on my property. I'm pretty pissed off atm. I do want to share with you though that protect your property as best as possible because there are POS's out there hungry for your hard-work and trying to take away your enjoyment, pride n joy, piece by piece.

Here's a photo. If you by any chance you find a nice pair of complete silver-metallic snowflake taillights with lens, originals, PM me. I'd really appreciate it! The Police Department here in Chula Vista is on the look out as well.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1409820.jpg

Stay cool Smile

- Brian
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by skill on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Pair of Slvr Snowflake Tail Lights Stolen off my 1960 VW Reply with quote

skill wrote:
Hello All,

I just wanted to reach out to the community here on TheSamba and share with you that my pair of tail lights were stolen off my 1960 bug.

I doubt I will recover them and they'll magically appear back on my property. I'm pretty pissed off atm. I do want to share with you though that protect your property as best as possible because there are POS's out there hungry for your hard-work and trying to take away your enjoyment piece by piece.

Here's a photo. If you by any chance find a nice pair of complete silver-metallic snowflake taillights with lens, originals PM me. I'd really appreciate it! The Police Department here in Chula Vista is on the look out as well.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1409820.jpg

Stay cool Smile

- Brian

errr, ugh.... Kill the bastards!!!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

PS was the license plate covered to prevent the crooks from noting you plate number??? what's with the hidden plate number??? I mean if has to be so secret that it cant be on the internet, how do you prevent tail light thieves from seeing it?

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
skill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey BlueBus,

I covered my plate because bound to my plate is my personal information (i.e., name, address, etc). Bad online peeps of course can traceroute a plate and get more details about where to find your classic. Posting my plate number is unnecessary to the post. I do think "this tail light thief" (if it lurks here by chance) IT would know my bug regardless of having my plate # shown.

I'm hoping my post here will draw attention/ awareness that my property that was stolen and by luck someone finds a classified here or on CL (San Diego), eBay or locally.
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skill wrote:
Hey BlueBus,

I covered my plate because bound to my plate is my personal information (i.e., name, address, etc). Bad online peeps of course can traceroute a plate and get more details about where to find your classic. Posting my plate number is irrelevant to the post. I do think "this tail light thief" would know my bug regardless of having my plate # visible.

I'm hoping my post here will draw attention for awareness that my property that was stolen and by luck someone finds a classified here or on CL (San Diego), eBay or locally.

So does the DMV release owner info to anyone based on the plate number?? I didn't know if they do or not. I always wonder why some folks cover the plate for internet ads. Now I know.

anyway since recovery of the lights is a slim chance, best start looking for new ones. the really big pain will be matching the paint. Crooks cause so much damage, far beyond what they "gain" Let them die a slow painful death. I feel for the loss. I hate it when someone messes with my car. I had a hit and run and had to replace my driver door on my own dime, the cops were NO HELP. stupid police took over a month to look at the parking lot video cameras that could have identified the hit and run car, but no, too damn busy eating doughnuts, so by the time they got around to the video, the store that had the tapes had erased them, and they told the cops (PIGS) that they would keep them for one month, and the cops (PIGS) show up two days too late. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

hope you find a sweet deal on new lights. get a car alarm that is very sensitive and a shot gun.

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thieves, I hate them SOB's. They should be strung up. Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, I hope you are able to get your lights, back, or at least find another set so you can have matched, and painted for your ride.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluebus86 wrote:
skill wrote:
Hey BlueBus,

I covered my plate because bound to my plate is my personal information (i.e., name, address, etc). Bad online peeps of course can traceroute a plate and get more details about where to find your classic. Posting my plate number is irrelevant to the post. I do think "this tail light thief" would know my bug regardless of having my plate # visible.

I'm hoping my post here will draw attention for awareness that my property that was stolen and by luck someone finds a classified here or on CL (San Diego), eBay or locally.

So does the DMV release owner info to anyone based on the plate number?? I didn't know if they do or not. I always wonder why some folks cover the plate for internet ads. Now I know.

anyway since recovery of the lights is a slim chance, best start looking for new ones. the really big pain will be matching the paint. Crooks cause so much damage, far beyond what they "gain" Let them die a slow painful death. I feel for the loss. I hate it when someone messes with my car. I had a hit and run and had to replace my driver door on my own dime, the cops were NO HELP. stupid police took over a month to look at the parking lot video cameras that could have identified the hit and run car, but no, too damn busy eating doughnuts, so by the time they got around to the video, the store that had the tapes had erased them, and they told the cops (PIGS) that they would keep them for one month, and the cops (PIGS) show up two days too late. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

hope you find a sweet deal on new lights. get a car alarm that is very sensitive and a shot gun.

lol! Yes! Grant (71single) is hooking it up w/ a good pair and I'm really thankful for the deal! Lesson learned; "Hold your toys close, hold your Classic closer!" Karma coming for you. It sucks... you feel like you can't trust anyone, but that's not the attitude!
silvertonguedevil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thieves should have their hands cut off like in some other countries.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluebus86 wrote:

No, this is illegal but there are other methods.
Corrupt cops, corrupt DMV people, paid online searches, etc.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sixty2vdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry this happened to you, the VW community is supposed to be tight! I've been to Chula Vista & it seemed like a decent place but then again there are chronics and thieve's everywhere nowadays.

It could be worse - If now were the '70's your entire car would be gone and chopped. Still yet, I don't like being a victim of theft no matter what is taken, it makes me feel totally violated.

Rest assured that karma will catch up to whoever did this to you.
tisius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stealing tail lights.... that is really f$#cked up.
I hope the bastard thief who did this will be found and punished.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
onetuza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Karma is real, maybe he'll wreck his ride. One could hope.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB, I could not of said it better. Corruption and data on most privately owned things is available online and by word-of-mouth.

So far, no luck, but you never know. Thanks to everyone who is helping out on keeping an eye out. I'd appreciate it if we continued to just do a search here and there cuz you never know if they surface up! Absolutely, that's why turned to this forum because I can tell it's a pretty tight forum and to share this awful news. I'm a member on another forum for a different car and many shared with me I should post it here and I did. Glad I did.

So there is a case number provided by the City (CV). I've also posted on FB, and as well on a Club's User Group on FB. Keep in it positive and again your help is immensely appreciated. VW!

Here's a before pic of the driver side tail light, note it's silver-metallic-paint chipped and the dark grey primer below is exposed...

79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So as to the circumstances, was the car parked on the street? On your own property? Was it in plain view of the public? Was it unattended for a long time? Such a blatant theft seems even worse if it occurred in full view and broad daylight.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
skill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my own property. In plain view. I think between midnight-dusk. Nope, I'm constantly in and out of my drive-way so sob was hungry and brazen enough to pull this off. karma...
carnut63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be thankful that it was only a pair of your tail lights that got snagged. There are so many more pieces that could have been swiped up to and including you car.
Truth is that the police are NOT on the lookout for your tail lights.

---> Mar 2 1955 Strato Silver Oval <---
---> July 1957 ragtop project <---
---> May 5 1966 Ghia <---
---> 1962 Ruby Red Deluxe (sold)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rubadubug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago I drove my dub to the town fair. When I came back to it some guy parked next to it in a truck had slammed his door into mine causing a big dent. Rednecks.
raycer60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvertonguedevil wrote:
Thieves should have their hands cut off like in some other countries.

YES. I keep saying this is the best way to get rid of crime. If proven guilty...chop chop.
Sad situation for "skill".
Lidpainter
Samba Anti-Hero

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skill wrote:
EverettB, I could not of said it better. Corruption and data on most privately owned things is available online and by word-of-mouth.

So far, no luck, but you never know. Thanks to everyone who is helping out on keeping an eye out. I'd appreciate it if we continued to just do a search here and there cuz you never know if they surface up! Absolutely, that's why turned to this forum because I can tell it's a pretty tight forum and to share this awful news. I'm a member on another forum for a different car and many shared with me I should post it here and I did. Glad I did.

So there is a case number provided by the City (CV). I've also posted on FB, and as well on a Club's User Group on FB. Keep in it positive and again your help is immensely appreciated. VW!

Here's a before pic of the driver side tail light, note it's silver-metallic-paint chipped and the dark grey primer below is exposed...

Likely they've been sanded and primed. Whomever took them has to know that it's a small community and eyes are out for them. He can't sell them in silver.
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidpainter wrote:
He can't sell them in silver.

I doubt they were stolen to be resold. They're not worth it. I think the bastard needed them for his own car and was too stupid to look at the dozens for sale here on the Samba.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
Lidpainter wrote:
He can't sell them in silver.

I doubt they were stolen to be resold. They're not worth it. I think the bastard needed them for his own car and was too stupid to look at the dozens for sale here on the Samba.

Fully agree.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: