Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cylinder heads - Time to BREEEETHE!! Which 1's?
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skulptorchaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Cylinder heads - Time to BREEEETHE!! Which 1's? Reply with quote

Now that I have the carbs ordered I may as well look into heads. (what the hell, only $$$$$$$$$$)
To refresh memories, it's a 1915, SCAT cam #20006 (biggest for street), counter weighted crank and duel 40's coming for the juice boxes.
I had the heads cut when we built it and it always ran well but, time to let her breathe.
I was looking at some heads on Appletree but not sure what to go with. Tom there, is good about helping people but I was also interested in your opinions. I guess I want it to "jerk a knot in my tail" as was so eloquently put to me. (that's just so funny!)
Opinions, or suggestions, got any?? Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MURZI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd get a set of 049 revmasters 40x35 or tim's stage 1's. You want them flycut to 50cc. Dual springs. 28mm venturies will limit you to about 100 hp so consider swapping them to 32mm as well.
45 Dells
A1 sidewinder
Fk44 cam
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perspective...

http://www.cbperformance.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1181

Description:

Designed for maximum power output on Regular Fuel. The "Builders Choice" Engine Kits are set up with the novice builder in mind. Easy to assemble with pre-determined compression ratio's, connecting rod length, camshaft and cylinder heads. The "Builder's Choice" engine kit takes all the guess-work out of building you own engine. Each kit is listed with the correct carburetor size, intake manifold, and exhaust type needed to achieve the advertised Horsepower output. Never before have engine-building secrets like these been let out to the public! Take advantage from years of engine building experience with the Builders Choice Engine Kit.

Features

1181 - 120 HP 1915cc Builders Choice Engine Kit includes:
2250 - Eagle Racing Camshaft
1275 - AS41 Dual Relief Super Case - T-1 & 2 Welded #3, Full Flowed, Cut for 94's
1289 - Super Race Rods (VW Journal) 5.400" length (set of 4)
1859 - Maxi 30 Full Flow Oil Pump
1278 - CB High Performance Case Kit
1537 - 28mm Ultralight Lifters (set of Cool
1941 - Rear Main Seal - 13, 15, & 1600cc
1804 - MAIN BEARINGS STD
1865 - ROD BEARINGS T/1 STD
1525 - Eagle Cam Gear
1557 - Windage Tubes
1398 - 044 Super Mag CNC Round Port Cylinder Heads (40 x 35.5) 94 bore (with MINI WEDGE CHAMBER)
1770 - Thin Line Oil Sump - 1 1/2 qt.
1628 - Chromoly Push Rods - blank end (.035")
1081 - Super Big Bore Kit, 94 x 69mm
1087 - Teflon Buttons - 94mm pistons
1702D - C Channel Valve Covers (set of 2)
1424 - Main Bearing Dowell Pins (set of 5)
1999 - 8mm Deflector Plates - fits 13, 15, & 1600cc (set of 2)
1904 - Case Washer Set
1255 - Rubber-Coated Cam End Plug
1105 - 69mm 4140 Forged Chromoly Crank
1303 - Forged Chromoly Lightweight Flywheel - 200mm (o-ring seal)
1360 - Racing Gland Nut with washer
1229 - 8mm Chromoly Head Stud Kit - Dual Port
1849 - Racing Camshaft Bearing Set
1918 - Crankshaft Gear Assembly Kit w/Racer Spacer
1684 - CB Super Stock Rocker Arms - Complete Kit 1.1:1 Ratio (stock)
1362 - End Play Shim Kit
1908 - Case Lock Nut Kit
1973 - Gasket Set - 13, 15, & 1600cc Dual & Single Port Engines

LABOR-3 - Weld #3 Rear Case Web
LABOR-MC-BB - Machine Case - Big Bore
LABOR-FLOW - Full Flow Case
LABOR-CC-CS - CC Heads to 52cc

HP rating is based on Dual 44mm Carbs, 1 1/2" Merged Header with compression set at 8.5:1 using listed parts in kit. Mid Grade fuel is required for this kit.

bnc
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also look at the Revmasters heads. I just ordered a set for my buggy engine. You can order them with a variety of combustion chamber sizes and they will unshroud the valves for better flow, all included in the price. My heads were $400 with the chamber work done the way I wanted

brad
monomanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received an email that CB is having a fall sale...10% off of orders over $200.00

Maybe you could buy this engine kit. a $400,00 discount does not sound too bad!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skulptorchaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my engine and it only has about 1500 miles on it. I certainly appreciate the thought but, no need for another one. I just need to figure out which heads would do me the most good. My present ones are perfectly fine, I am just wanting a bit more. Smile lol
Murzi sounds like he may have a grasp of what I'm looking for.
I guess, if I go with Revmasters, I can explain what I have and they can give me a good idea on which way to go. (???) My guess is they are good about that and reputable but, I always like throwing it out to you guys for more opinions.
thanx!
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skulptorchaz wrote:
I got my engine and it only has about 1500 miles on it. I certainly appreciate the thought but, no need for another one. I just need to figure out which heads would do me the most good. My present ones are perfectly fine, I am just wanting a bit more. Smile lol
Murzi sounds like he may have a grasp of what I'm looking for.
I guess, if I go with Revmasters, I can explain what I have and they can give me a good idea on which way to go. (???) My guess is they are good about that and reputable but, I always like throwing it out to you guys for more opinions.
thanx!

It's a balance of compression, cam profile, headflow potential, and intake/exhaust. It's a guess on anyone's part as to the results you will get.

bnc
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: