Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Couple questions before it goes to bodywork and paint guys..
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Couple questions before it goes to bodywork and paint guys.. Reply with quote

Okay,
I have a cb "hideaway" exhaust that tucks up into the rear fender. I laid the body on the chassis and loosely bolted up the fenders. I just installed the Airkewld air ride front and back and wanted to see any clearance issues before bodywork.
Well, the rear apron touches the exhaust piping of the exhaust. Anyone else have this issue? I would imagine it would be too hot once the car is painted and mess it up.?

Also, what steps and procedures should I be doing now before paint?
Put all doors, hood, decklid on and check for clearances? Install rubber seal for fitment?
What else should I be checking out?
School me!!
Thanks
buguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could wrap the pipe with some insulator? But the apron is double walled, so I kind of doubt it would get that hot. But who knows?!

And if your taking it to a body shop, surely they would fit everything before moving forward. If your wanting to save some money by doing the work, then yes. Put the seals back on, and get everything fit. Pull all the interior out, glass, all the wireing, the engine...etc.. The less they have to do, the cheaper it will be. I would leave the body panels on though. They may have their own procedure for that stuff.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: