Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

try cleaning them with that kit then wash all the residue&chemo off of them real good and see how long they last. many chemo theropy on these plastic lenses just softens the plastic and fogs it. so clean sand buff clean.see how long it last.
Wahlly17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

Wash the the lights and then use tooth paste as a rubing compound. Really cheap and pretty effective. i like to use pronamel. it takes a bit longer than some of the other pastes out there but the grit is finer and leaves no what seems to be no swirl marks. about a minute per headlight on my 98 explorer made a big difference for my night driving!
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

I wet sand the headlights with 800 grit sandpaper to get all the yellowed plastic off, then I use a good two part automotive grade clearcoat (lasts 5-7 years vs the regular clear paint that starts to yellow in a few months). Lay down a light base coat & let it dry (some plastic will react with the paint if laid down too thick), then coat a few more times until the clear coat fills in the scratches & leaves a smooth/clear surface.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

ok I fell fer the windows 10....now the security icon is gone and I cant scan every day as i do....did. Evil or Very Mad I knew they were up to no good.
Joseph DR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

Sea Monkeys and X-ray specs.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

"energizer" batteries , an alkaline battery is an alkaline battery...despite the attempts of drumming bunnies to convince me otherwise!
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
"energizer" batteries , an alkaline battery is an alkaline battery...despite the attempts of drumming bunnies to convince me otherwise!

And 4% recyled is not a ton.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
MacLeod Willy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
ok I fell fer the windows 10....now the security icon is gone and I cant scan every day as i do....did. Evil or Very Mad I knew they were up to no good.

Hate to admit... me too.
It is slower, not any more stable than Win8.
Went to use the included Email. Set it up only to find out you can not import any contacts, because IT DOESNT SUPPORT CONTACTS! wtf
Some of programs were not supported. What a pain in the ass
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

Slick 50.

I also fell for the split fire thing once, many moons ago.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

MacLeod Willy wrote:
mark tucker wrote:

Hate to admit... me too.
Went to use the included Email. Set it up only to find out you can not import any contacts, because IT DOESNT SUPPORT CONTACTS! wtf

Yup, a good friend of mine did that too. He got lucky, in that he was able to recover his lap top back to Win 8, as he did it within the 30 day window. After 30 days you're screwed.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
widefivebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

MacLeod Willy wrote:
mark tucker wrote:

Hate to admit... me too.

You can remove it, I know because I did. Don't remember how off the top of my head but do a Google. Went back to my windows 7 and much happier. Now, must figure out how to get rid of that damn upgrade to windows 10 pop up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MacLeod Willy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

vwnutt wrote:
MacLeod Willy wrote:
mark tucker wrote:

Hate to admit... me too.

You can remove it, I know because I did. Don't remember how off the top of my head but do a Google. Went back to my windows 7 and much happier. Now, must figure out how to get rid of that damn upgrade to windows 10 pop up.

Its been over 30 days now. Confused Sad
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

How about the new girlfriend who wants to put you on her bank card with pin number???? Then of course- your supposed to put her into your accounts-- Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Scam alert--

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

williamM wrote:
How about the new girlfriend who wants to put you on her bank card with pin number???? Then of course- your supposed to put her into your accounts-- Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Scam alert--

If she's smokin' hot, put her name on the new account that has $50 in it, not the swiss account with millions.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

awreed wrote:
williamM wrote:

If she's smokin' hot, put her name on the new account that has $50 in it, not the swiss account with millions.
so effen sweet idea!!!!!!! I (we) dont use credit cards, cash only. but... you cant buy with cash on line or reservations.so.......I have that $50.00 account for just that.if I need more I add it just befor the transaction. too many scamers out there after my empire. the only down side of it is the money burning a hole in the pocket fealing......thats always there.and it can be darn hard to ignore....unless it's realy a good deal Wink
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

"It's for the children"

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

"It's a temporary tax"

TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

"The toll booths will be removed as soon as the highway is paid for"

Air-Cooled Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

I'm from the government. I'm here to help. d'oh!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fubeca12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Gimmicks you are ashamed you fell for Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
"The toll booths will be removed as soon as the highway is paid for"

Only one I've ever known of is the Coronado Bridge in San Diego. The only reason I know is that I have driven it and the booths are closed and empty.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: