Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

volksrods.com
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coffee Freak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:07 am    Post subject: volksrods.com Reply with quote

Is anyone still administering it? I signed up for an account there about a month ago and my account still isn't activated to post anything. I've sent e-mails to the admin and nothing. It looks like a wealth of information. I can tell people are still posting to it.
tattooed_pariah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: volksrods.com Reply with quote

Coffee Freak wrote:
Is anyone still administering it? I signed up for an account there about a month ago and my account still isn't activated to post anything. I've sent e-mails to the admin and nothing. It looks like a wealth of information. I can tell people are still posting to it.

Steve (the owner/president/admin) has gotten really busy with his regular life the last few years.. he is the only one that can approve new accounts I think. He keeps it that way to eliminate spam. I don't think I've ever seen a bot get through to the forums, but yeah, it does hinder new members..

Not sure what else to tell you, hopefully he gets a chance to check his e-mails soon.. sorry :/

"Never worry about stepping on people's toes. People who get their toes stepped on are either sitting down, or standing still on the job."
-Admiral Arleigh Burke, USN(ret.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MMW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I signed up it took a few months if I recall. I had given up until one day out of the blue I got a notification that I was approved. By then I wasn't even going on it.
Update - third pc. found!
Now just need the case halves.
1965 fenderless beetle
rmh60bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same issue here. Waited a few days, sent a email, waited a few more weeks. Still no admin response. But in time hopefully get approved. The Samba has helped me out of more than a few jams on my build ! Great site, lots of info here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Coffee Freak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kinda disappointing really. It's a really nice site and appears to have a lot of good information. There is a project on there by a guy named Shindig that is almost exactly what I'm planning on doing, but I wanted to contact him to see if he ran into any problems or finished his project up. Without the admin approval, I can't email him, PM or anything.
tattooed_pariah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coffee Freak wrote:
That's kinda disappointing really. It's a really nice site and appears to have a lot of good information. There is a project on there by a guy named Shindig that is almost exactly what I'm planning on doing, but I wanted to contact him to see if he ran into any problems or finished his project up. Without the admin approval, I can't email him, PM or anything.

he hasn't logged into VR since 2013.. but I sent him a PM with a link to this thread..

"Never worry about stepping on people's toes. People who get their toes stepped on are either sitting down, or standing still on the job."
-Admiral Arleigh Burke, USN(ret.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Coffee Freak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tattooed_pariah wrote:
Coffee Freak wrote:

he hasn't logged into VR since 2013.. but I sent him a PM with a link to this thread..

After posting that, I thought to myself, "Self (that's what I call myself when I'm talking to myself).... I wonder if that guy used the same user name on here as he does on Volksrods." So I sent him one on here too.

Thanks for the help! Hopefully he finished his project and it's not sitting under a moldy tarp like a cocoon on his driveway or worse yet in a scrap yard somewhere.
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on VR for awhile many moons ago but did not care for it and have not been back since around 2007-8 I like how the samba has opened up to volksrods and the info one here overall is awesome.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Coffee Freak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sixfootdan wrote:
I was on VR for awhile many moons ago but did not care for it and have not been back since around 2007-8 I like how the samba has opened up to volksrods and the info one here overall is awesome.

Funny thing is that I read through a bunch of the Volksrod posts on here, and most of them in some way mention, "You should check out Volksrods.com". I think The Samba kinda did volksrods a bit of a disservice by lumping them together with Fridolins, trikes and Pumas, etc. Not that they are bad cars or bad company, but they just aren't similar at all in vehicle or the people that are interested in them.

There is still a BUNCH of really good information on here, however and I love the willingness to help out.
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coffee Freak wrote:
sixfootdan wrote:

Funny thing is that I read through a bunch of the Volksrod posts on here, and most of them in some way mention, "You should check out Volksrods.com". I think The Samba kinda did volksrods a bit of a disservice by lumping them together with Fridolins, trikes and Pumas, etc. Not that they are bad cars or bad company, but they just aren't similar at all in vehicle or the people that are interested in them.

There is still a BUNCH of really good information on here, however and I love the willingness to help out.

We asked for our own forum and it took awhile to get this but it's better than nothing so I'll take it. Cool

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: