Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How can I tell what year my car is?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hootersrule
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: How can I tell what year my car is? Reply with quote

I have a beetle that my grandpa left me when he died. I know its an oval but not sure if the reg is correct. is there a spot to look up the vin? Laughing
Volksman66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what year it is...the year I get an oval! I will take it off your hands if I give you the year! LOL

I wish I could help. I only know of later models. BUT I would keep that car if I were you!

I do not know about the vin but I do know about other Ser#s. Look under the back seat. A number is there and you might be able to find out there. Someone here is bound to know where to look better then me!

Last edited by Volksman66 on Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look under the rear seat, on the tunnel. There should be a number stamped onto tunnel. Should be like 1-XXX-XXX. Tell me what that number is and I can tell you the year. Alternatively, open the front hood, there should be 1) an ID badge that will have this same number (a chrome plate), or 2) the body number should be stamped near the plate. Its right behind the spare tire.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
vwaddiction
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

post some pictures
jheil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really envy you. And, yes, post some pictures. Are you asking about a site where you can find out which year your VIN was produced? If so, here's one I bookmarked:

http://www.geocities.com/aussiebug1970/years.html
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are nearby I will come over and show you a couple of things to ID it. Where are you located?? What state city.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: