Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

The weather should pleasant 60's and 40's lil chilly at night.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
CGENGO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

We will be there in one of those horrible, water-cooled 1985 Vanagons. Brown Vanagon We are known as www.slowcarfasthouse.com

I am looking for info on the rules regarding vending from our rigs? I have a delightful collection of VW Logo toys, VW ads, and trinkets from BB's Project VW to part with. I would like to sell them under my awning if possible.

I emailed the link on the page and thought I would try this too! See you soon with stickers! (It's Not a Slow Car, It's a Fast House)
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

CGENGO wrote:

I am looking for info on the rules regarding vending from our rigs? I have a delightful collection of VW Logo toys, VW ads, and trinkets from BB's Project VW to part with. I would like to sell them under my awning if possible.

Everybody does it, it's cool.
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

Eta departure from ATL ass crack Tuesday morning. Hope to be in Phoenix around 3pm weds to meet up with Bubba, Russ, Dave, Conner, and company! Just heard of another bus heading out from Savannah Ga. Looks like there will be a quite a few of us from the Ost Kuste rep'n.....
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OverlandTeahouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

Anyone heading from the Phoenix area? Anyone have room for two adults and a child? Still there?? Our 87 Syncro hit a pretty major rock and now our engine cross-member and exhaust header are very intimate with our oil pan. In any case this will be another DIY fix and our Syncro is our daily driver, house, and home.........and we'd really like to hit up the BBB.

[email protected] or overlandteahouse on FB.

Thanks and enjoy the event.
Paul, Diana, and Lief-ito.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

OverlandTeahouse wrote:
Anyone heading from the Phoenix area? Anyone have room for two adults and a child? Still there?? Our 87 Syncro hit a pretty major rock and now our engine cross-member and exhaust header are very intimate with our oil pan. In any case this will be another DIY fix and our Syncro is our daily driver, house, and home.........and we'd really like to hit up the BBB.

[email protected] or overlandteahouse on FB.

Thanks and enjoy the event.
Paul, Diana, and Lief-ito.

Post up here, a lot of AZ folks in the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/82422293513/
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

looking for some one in the San Francisco bay area that is going to BBTB that may be able to pick up a Westy Kitchen unit and some other small items.
I am willing to make a gas contribution and it would yield piles of good Karma. I realize it is a big chunk ,but hey gas is expensive and this could help offset your costs.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
London Bridge Bullis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

There is no swap meet area in the main event area. We will try and tape off an area in the paved parking for those that want to come to swap from there truck, trailer, other then VW bus.

You can swap from your camp spot as long as you don't try to take a mile of space.
CGENGO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

If you are traveling through Arizona for BBB, and have the time---- this is the family shop of www.slowcarfasthouse.com--- it is being sold off. We welcome you to stop by and browse. (Location- near Sedona and Jerome)

https://prescott.craigslist.org/pts/5362947884.html

We are located just off I-17 and can offer a workshop and parking space if anyone needs assistance while passing by.
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

Are we there yet? Anxious
mg6770
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

pyrOman wrote:
Are we there yet? Anxious

Ivan when are you guys rolling out?
Phil 4:13
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

Locked and loaded! Leaving the Shell station on 2nd St in El Cajon before Dawn's Crack, 5:30am!!! Pray
London Bridge Bullis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

Over 60 buses in line at 9p.m. Wednesday night

https://www.facebook.com/BusesByTheBridge/videos/10153279008181657/
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

There were 360 buses in BBB XX by 9p.m. Thursday night, a great turn out already
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CaLiBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

splitpile wrote:
There were 360 buses in BBB XX by 9p.m. Thursday night, a great turn out already

Any room for me at 11am Saturday??? Trailer queen Embarassed swr dbl cab comin! Cool
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

Just got back- great show but parking was CF as usual- want to know the #'s from the motor raffel as won't be there and am sure I won Surprised Surprised Surprised Embarassed

Any way - missed Gabe and Stu- Rolling Eyes but MANY people there great balloons
and lots of boats n dogs- will post pics as they show up- Good job guys

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

It's a fun time. Sitting in my bus right now, love it. Cool
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
GeorgeL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

Got home safely after another great BBB! Tailwind both ways, Ben Pon was smiling down upon us.

Cool laser-cut metal signs provided for the various clubs! Another BBB first!

Great to see the Save the Bays and VW Friends Mexicali folks again. Had a great time around the STB campfire Saturday night singing badly.

Came up goose eggs on the raffles, but it's for the kids, right? Smile

The bike tour was great fun, a lap through the camp, out into town, riding right past the "No Bicycles Allowed" signs, under London Bridge, providing a parade for the tourists, and off to a great freestyle riding demonstration at the skatepark.

The balloons were amazing to watch and it was great that they took some of the kids for tethered rides.

Polar Bear swim made me miss Jerry Jess.

Everybody's hospitality was wonderful!

508 buses at last count! Wow, no wonder parking was tight.

Thanks to the LBB crew who work there butts off to make this event happen. It's truly a labor of love!
CaLiBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

I came across Ronnie at the local gas pumps just before heading back home. He said 519 buses made it to BBB. Applause
WestyBob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Buses by the Bridge XX (official) Jan 14,15,16,17, 2016 Reply with quote

I don't do facebook (yet). Any pics or links to ... or did it happen ? Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: