Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gudren is getting a EJ22
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nacradriver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Gudren is getting a EJ22 Reply with quote

So I get a call the other day telling me there is a 1990 Legacy wagon for sale that I may want to check out.... And, glad I did.. The car has 201K on the clock, but the engine had a total rebuild from the local Subaru dealer at 178K.... Of course we're always skeptical of this, but the owner has every receipt and service record from day one... Looking over the receipts for the engine work the parts alone were $2500 and checking the part numbers everything was replaced with the exception of the oil pump.. $500 later I am on down the road with a very tight running car with the exception of a leaky power steering pump.... Oh well.. off to the pick and for one of those...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

So with this, and in speaking to my local BAR referee, I am pretty much locked into using the Kennedy conversion kit to get the coveted "white sticker", which I'll be ordering on Monday. Outside of that, are the some other "Best In Class" parts for the cooling system etc... I should be looking at?

Thanks
goffoz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Gudren is getting a EJ22 Reply with quote

Good oportunity to go all the way, graft the suby instrument cluster and the AC under dash too Very Happy
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=407222
nacradriver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Gudren is getting a EJ22 Reply with quote

goffoz wrote:
Good oportunity to go all the way, graft the suby instrument cluster and the AC under dash too Very Happy
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=407222

Awesome thread.... thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: