Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'56 sunroof in rough shape
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cornemuse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: '56 sunroof in rough shape Reply with quote

I have a '56 sunroof that I installed a '65 C porsche motor in (in the early '70's). Really trashed the engine compartment to make it fit in there. Car has been parked for 35 + years, moved on a trailer a few times.

I had removed the 'tin' from engine compartment sides (for seperating & sealing eng. comp. from below/outside. Also cut metal behind wheel to allow room for the zenith carbs on the porsche. I have been unable to locate that 'tin', anyone have ideas where to get it?? I also got a ticket for no bumpers & welded angle iron brackets to where the normal bumper brackets are located & installed 2x4 wooden bumpers. (Hey! it was the '70's!) Any ideas there??

One good thing to mention, I did NOT do such evil things to my '64 hardtop cabriolet porsche, tho its been parked almost as long!

(on another thing, thanx Everett, its fixed!)

-corne-
Ben Dover
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: '56 sunroof in rough shape Reply with quote

It sounds like you need the rear shelves? You can find them in the classifieds section here;same with the bumper mounts and anything else you may need...
Russ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: '56 sunroof in rough shape Reply with quote

are these what you are looking for?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1220810

lol don't feel about about the 70's i did some horrible things in the 80's to my beetle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cornemuse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: '56 sunroof in rough shape Reply with quote

Have not been here for a while!!!

Well, I've reached the point (71 yrs old/young) where I want to finally get the bug back on the road, or get rid of it. Found: the brake ling going to the rear (in the tunnel) needs replacing, the 'nut' wont turn seperately from the brake line, among other things (well, its been parked outside since the late '70's).

I wanna be around when its done!!

I might for-go the VW and fix up my Porsche instead, been parked about as long, but allus parked inside.

-c-
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: '56 sunroof in rough shape Reply with quote

Yea you need to send the Porsche out to get it running so you can drive and enjoy. But leave it the way it is..
The ragtop VW could finance the Porsche fix....good luck with your decision
Cheers Thomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: '56 sunroof in rough shape Reply with quote

... in 1988 I bought a 1954 356 for a grand... had the wrong rear clip on it. I sold the 356 engine to recover my investment and ran a VW 36 horse in it from a 1956 bug = what a fun car
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
henry roberts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: '56 sunroof in rough shape Reply with quote

sell the mercedes in the gallery pictures and finance getting both the aircooled cars on the road. Very Happy

cosmetically both are perfect as they are.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: