Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Deck the Halls and 181s
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Semper_Dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Deck the Halls and 181s Reply with quote

Do you decorate your Thing for Christmas? Show it here. Laughing

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Oh, there's battery powered LED Christmas lights in the garland for night cruising.
77kafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Deck the Halls and 181s Reply with quote

NICE.
btw, West Point no longer issues the date tabs for the DoD sticker.

Overheard on 27 June 07, one lady to another when they saw my Harli in a parking lot at West Point, "maybe he found it on the clearance aisle at the Volkswagen dealer"
germanbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Deck the Halls and 181s Reply with quote

There are no DOD stickers anymore for all branches. Very nice decorations.
GB
77kafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Deck the Halls and 181s Reply with quote

germanbilly, tell me that one isn't current, it goes to Feb 2018 (meaning it was issued Feb 15)

Overheard on 27 June 07, one lady to another when they saw my Harli in a parking lot at West Point, "maybe he found it on the clearance aisle at the Volkswagen dealer"
germanbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Deck the Halls and 181s Reply with quote

I just know that they are not issued here at Fort Erwin or Edwards. We just show our ID's to get onto the bases.
GB
77kafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Deck the Halls and 181s Reply with quote

GB, back in the day (before DoD stickers) this was mine for USMA.

Ratt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Deck the Halls and 181s Reply with quote

Show off. I feel like the lights area little out of place. Maybe you could do some fake snow too.

DOD stickers are a thing of the past. They have been done away with. DoD believes they make vehicles targets out in public.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
citroen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Deck the Halls and 181s Reply with quote

Had mine in a Christmas and Veteran parade in Louisville Ky last night I pulled my trailer with my Salsbury Scooter my granddaughter and her friend rode on the scooter id the Parade I had a retired Veteran riding in the front seat he said he was in heaven riding in the Thing he use to own one and it brought back good memories we had a little rain but the kids had a good time and that is what its all about. Mu granddaughter was covered up with a cover until the parade started it also was a little cold
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALANSD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Deck the Halls and 181s Reply with quote

fun with family and your favorite ride...can't beat it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rev. Scott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Deck the Halls and 181s Reply with quote

Maybe I'll put a bauble on the motor I just lunched...
VolsThing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Deck the Halls and 181s Reply with quote

[/img]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: