Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

One of a couple of rare books I was able to buy the other day..figured some might find it interesting to see. Has a lot of split colors then moves into mid 50's has sedan's, convertibles, buses and Ambulance info.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

empiracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

Very cool ! ...... Is Congo Green listed ? can you post the color and details Very Happy
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

empiracer wrote:
Very cool ! ...... Is Congo Green listed ? can you post the color and details Very Happy

Here you go, sorry I didn't have a chance to reply to you on IG.
54ovsemi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

very cool find.....congrats! Nile Beige in there?
1955 Semaphore Oval
My57Oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

Polar Silver! ?
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

Yes, they are all in there.
54ovsemi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

Yustrn wrote:
Yes, they are all in there.

possible to post nile beige?
1955 Semaphore Oval
empiracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

Thank you Yustrn for sharing this with us !!
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

A lovely thing to own Smile

Does it have L72 and if so can you post a picture of that too please?

Many thanks,

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

Why not send info to Everett so that he can post it up in the technical section.
Share man. Embarassed
Thomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Grant Reiling Premium Member
Samba Slow-Change Artist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

aa390392 wrote:
Why not send info to Everett so that he can post it up in the technical section.
Share man. Embarassed
Thomas

x2 Exclamation
Wasn't that the intent to begin with Eric? Page One: "a couple of rare books I was able to buy the other day..figured some might find it interesting to see. Has a lot of split colors then moves into mid 50's has sedan's, convertibles, buses and Ambulance info. " Idea Arrow
Share the love brotha, Wink
Isbrand52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

Would love to see this posted in technical section. Nice find
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

I would love to buy it. Is it for sale?
pastellgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

wheelcolour L16 lightgreen is also interesting for all pastellgreen splits up to 1950!
Could you please show L11 next to L16?

Thank you very much for sharing!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay in response to everyone, let me take a few moments and try to answer the PM's, emails, texts and everything else all at once.

There are two books one covers Oct 52- July 55 and I have another that covers just the new colors released on Aug 55.

Question 1: Will I scan all these pages and put them up on the site

Answer: Probably not, for me the thrill is finding this stuff in garages, barns, basements and everywhere in between. With my full time job, a 2yr old, and out tracking this stuff down sitting in front my computer for hours scanning pages, converting their format and working to get them over to Everett doesn't sound like a thrilling adventure for me. If Everett hit's me up and he wants to do it sure I can send them to him and let him scan them...I don't trust anyone else with my stuff (been doing this a long time and there are too many shady people in this game).

Question 2: Are they for sale?

Answer: This is two part, no these are the forums and not the classifieds, if they were I would have put them and some of the the other books I got with this purchase up for sale there. Now, I'm also from the school of everything has a price...but what are these worth? Problem is I don't know, to someone they maybe cool to have on a shelf, to a high end VW restoration shop they could prove to be priceless, do I have a...if someone offered me X price I would sell them..sure don't we all. I think mine would be about the cost of a round trip plane ticket to H.O. for 2017.. =)

There have been a couple of you that have PM'd me or shot me a message on FB or IG that wanted the info for your cars and the first few people that ask I've sent a PM to and have sent them the info that they wanted. Only person who hasn't replied to my PM so far is 54Ovsemi..so if you still want the info reply to the message and I'll send it.

To the others I don't have time to reply to everyone as I know people will ask just to be asking vs people that really need this info for their restoration so, to weed out the askers from the needers anyone that I haven't replied to already if you want me to send you the info from the book of your car it will cost you buying me lunch or a 6 pack which these days is about 10 bucks and my Paypal is [email protected], I'll take pics and send them to whatever email address the paypal came from, be sure to put what color you want in the messages area. Be patient it might take me a day or two to reply to you...as an example this past weekend I drove 35hours in 3 days to go pick up cars I bought...so after work and in between family time my focus will be preparing these cars for sale...that's the priority.

Past that I hope everyone has a happy holidays and if you enjoy seeing cool things found going forward you're welcome to follow my IG account at https://www.instagram.com/y_u_strn/
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

Just added to the What's New page:
October 1952 to July 1955 Paint and Upholstery Book
August 1955 Paint and Upholstery Book
August 1959 Paint and Upholstery Book

Thanks to Yustrn for mailing these to me to scan.

There are PDFs at the bottom of each page above if that is easier for you to view them in their entirety.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
*Darren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

Y thanks for making these available.
E thanks for scanning.
Jonnyla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

Awesome!!!!
Thanks yustrn!
sotos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

Thank you both gentlemen ,much needed information !
New beetle 1.6 2003
Suboval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Oct 52 to July 55 Genuine Lacquers Book Reply with quote

Thank you Eric and Everett! Applause Applause

There's two things we learn from history:
1.) History repeats itself.
2.) We don't learn from history.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: