Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kubel Treffen East 2016
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Click on image to view full screen

Last edited by mondshine on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GI Joe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

I've got it reserved! Had a great time last year!!
That Date looks long gone though...... Embarassed
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8080337#8080337
www.NLEOMF.com
Respect, Honor, Remember
Zylinderkopf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

Would really like to go...never been to one yet, but this would be 860 miles one way. I'm trying to psych myself up to do it! Maybe convoy with some other folks along the way?
1971 Super Beetle
1974 Thing

"A lot of people never use their initiative because no one told them to."
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

ZK-
We would love to have a Texas contingent!
I drove my Thing from Detroit to Branson, MO a couple of years ago; that was 800 miles.
Besides, there's an award for "Longest Distance Driven" and "Longest Distance Towed" Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

This is the Thing Show as seen in Hot VW's Jan. 2016.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

We will try our Darndest to come, let me know the schedule and price of admission as you get it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kenj06
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

Date saved. Will have to start going through the thing to see if I trust it that far. Coming from the Cleveland area if anyone else if contemplating the trip.
gblair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

Oh Darn. I was looking forward to a long drive to the this one. I will be there cant justify the motel cost when i live about 1/2 hour away but I did have fun last year and the Grandson keeps asking when the next one is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALANSD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

we Southerners need a version of this closer to home. Maybe in conjunction with Bug-a-paluza in April?? Anyone
GI Joe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

Alan,
With Buga, and the always overcrowded and poorly organized CYW being that same timeframe, I'd say a bit later would be better, If you want to have one further south.. I'd love to help, but with my work/travel schedule, I cannot commit to much... Rolling Eyes
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8080337#8080337
www.NLEOMF.com
Respect, Honor, Remember
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

A show in another area? Great. If we can help and use our website let me know. Here is what has worked for us. Find a hotel that will let you use there lot. We like to have a short drive and diner Fri. nite and then invite all to bring chairs to a parking lot and chill. Remember to try to get most to book the rooms there. Sat. is the show and if possible get awards done early afternoon so people can relax before a group dinner. Sun. is a relaxed drive and get over around noon so travelers can get on the road. Think about all meals like Sat lunch, breakfast Sat and Sunday at the hotel or Sun do a breakfast drive. If driving on a tour be sure to let known how long so they can gas up. If driving over 75 miles have a gas station in mine. Check for a spot for trailer parking. Unlike most shows we plan your whole weekend from Fri nite till you load up to go home. Hope to see everyone. Gary did a great job last year and has started already to have another great show.
63ziggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

would love to hit one and be part of a Texas contingent. never been. However, we have not been crazy distance drivers. We did a 500 mile round trip couple years back to Fredericksburg for TX Classic. Driving in a blast. Adrenaline rush. Driving back, we were beat. No top, gusty winds and hills going through TX hill country. Call me a wimp, 5 hrs on the road in open vehicle beat me us up.

why the ramble, would be nice to see one closer to south mid states. I realize they don't just happen without great efforts by fellow Thing lovers.

unfortunately, I can drive 5 hrs north in no traffic or stops and just get to OK southern border.

July up north would be much better weather.

yep, my fault. but will keep watching for that one that lures me into the adventure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
doublecanister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

63ziggy wrote:
would love to hit one and be part of a Texas contingent. never been. However, we have not been crazy distance drivers. We did a 500 mile round trip couple years back to Fredericksburg for TX Classic. Driving in a blast. Adrenaline rush. Driving back, we were beat. No top, gusty winds and hills going through TX hill country. Call me a wimp, 5 hrs on the road in open vehicle beat me us up.

why the ramble, would be nice to see one closer to south mid states. I realize they don't just happen without great efforts by fellow Thing lovers.

unfortunately, I can drive 5 hrs north in no traffic or stops and just get to OK southern border.

July up north would be much better weather.

yep, my fault. but will keep watching for that one that lures me into the adventure.

Hey 63ziggy

You should go to one KTE event even if you go without your THING, take along some photos for when you talk to the folks (for show and tell) the KTE events are great events people wise, THING wise and depending on the city, have some very nice side attractions like;
I really liked the Patton tank museum in KY, the Wright Patterson AFB museum in OH, Makers Mark Distillery in KY, Dover Downs & raceway in MD.

You'd still have a good time I'm sure, if these shows get too far away from me I may have to go 'san's THING" myself.
(ex: like going to Las Vegas or something! Very Happy )

As far as long trips go, Branson MO was the longest ride we've ever done for a VW show,(about 2100m round trip) and everyone thought I was nuts to even want to go but I found a buddy to ride along, and would have figured him to by a VW THING by now, he's worked on a certain "Green" one at about every event we've gone too in the past few years!

Gary did a fine job on KTE2015, I would have enjoyed it way more but I was ill like the 2 days before I left and didn't feel great but had planned for the trip so long I went anyways, spent a bit more time in the hotel room than I planned, but made the best of it and really enjoyed meeting some Samba members (got to put a face to the name).

Good times!

Take care,
T
1966 - Mustang GT- Fastback
1951 - Ford F1 pickup Flathead V8
citroen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

Remember you can see all the past shows on Ron and My website http://kubeltreffen181.com and if you need help contact Gary Mondshine ,Ron Domeck or Dennis Domeck We will all be there for the show
63single
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

I just want to know if I would need my stunt liver like the one on the gurney? Very Happy
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

That's no liver, that's a date! Shocked

Any other unusual details spotted?
63single
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

I got
The speedo
the CV joint
the head
the fuse panel
BOSCH distributor grease

and as usual excellent job on the graphics Very Happy
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

Good eye!
One more Wink
63single
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

Maybe some top latches for the door compartment....
ALANSD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Kubel Treffen East 2016 Reply with quote

GI Joe wrote:
Alan,
With Buga, and the always overcrowded and poorly organized CYW being that same timeframe, I'd say a bit later would be better, If you want to have one further south.. I'd love to help, but with my work/travel schedule, I cannot commit to much... Rolling Eyes

Sorry but what is CYW?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: