Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

GT Bradley
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Sjcr125
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: GT Bradley Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm brand new to this forum and looking to find a buyer for a GT Bradley.
I got the Bradley in a business sale from my uncle. I'm really not familiar with them and honestly don't have any interest in it. I'm just looking to get educated and sell it to recoup some money. Right now it's at the body shop they just finished the final coat of primer after repairing the pan as needed and prepping the body. It is being painted red and should be done in the next few weeks. I'll get some pictures as soon as it's painted. It's not running and does not have a motor. It has a transmission that I have no idea of the condition. It will need new interior to finish off the rebuild as well. It's a roller and has original wheels(not pretty). I'm located in San Diego if anyone is interested in it or wants to make an offer I just want it gone. I know what he has put into it, but just want to get what I can out of it. Anyone have an idea of what's a fair price?
Thanks!
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: GT Bradley Reply with quote

Look in the classifieds section for similar cars. If it were mine I would stop at the primer and let a buyer paint it their colour of choice. They are also not a big dollar car so you'll probably not see a return on your money especially if it is that much of a project. I'd also list it in the classifieds section. People don't really use the forums to look for cars and parts for sale.

brad
AMAC1680
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: GT Bradley Reply with quote

slalombuggy wrote:
Look in the classifieds section for similar cars. If it were mine I would stop at the primer and let a buyer paint it their colour of choice. They are also not a big dollar car so you'll probably not see a return on your money especially if it is that much of a project. I'd also list it in the classifieds section. People don't really use the forums to look for cars and parts for sale.

brad

What he said.
I've watched the GT over the last few years and they have run from 300.00 to about 5k depending. Just my observation.

All the best with it.

AMAC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: GT Bradley Reply with quote

Welcome to The Samba

I totally agree. Stop at the primer and sell it. Without an engine your only looking at a grand at the most. Bradley GT were the most popular kit cars and lots of them are rotting away in garages.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: GT Bradley Reply with quote

I agree....with a nice paint job and refurbished chassis maybe a grand.

Bare bodies are a dime a dozen. They are often given away for free.
weasel_ugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: GT Bradley Reply with quote

2 examples, not mine.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1869440

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1875545
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: GT Bradley Reply with quote

If you don't have a good title for it -- it is worth even less (parts value). Most titles reflect the VW donor year and chassis (VIN) number.
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: GT Bradley Reply with quote

weasel_ugs wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1869440
And as I understand it that GTII takes a special windshield. Specific to that car only. Shocked

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: GT Bradley Reply with quote

Quote:
And as I understand it that GTII takes a special windshield. Specific to that car only. Shocked

100% correct
Sjcr125
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: GT Bradley Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I tried posting it in the classifieds but as keeps getting deleted... Here's a few pics
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: GT Bradley Reply with quote

Dime a dozen. Last few on ebay in good shape and running BARELY get to $3000 . A no title project you are lucky to get a few $100 and a 12 pack of cheap beer
Sjcr125
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: GT Bradley Reply with quote

I do have title for it, does that help? I listed it for 1500obo
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: GT Bradley Reply with quote

Still see no pics.

Just to give you an idea. This Bradley GT Sold for $5000 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-Kit-Makes-Bradley-...1843404531 . Sounds good but realize 9 months before he was asking $10,000 . This is WAY at the top of the price scale for a GT. Others sell for $1000-$2000 running and on the road all day everyday.

Just because they made fewer of the GT2 means very little. Here is an average but running and driving GT2 that sold recently for $3200 http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Replica-Kit-Makes-Bra...7675.l2557 . Again these can be had running and driving in the $1000-$2000 range and the nicest one I seen on ebay last year barely topped $3500
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: