Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Speedmaster Problems with finding the right tires
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ratpanel61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Speedmaster Problems with finding the right tires Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out the best size tire that will fit the 5.5 inch Speedmasters. I want something that will still tuck. I'm running a 4" narrowed beam, with CB disc brakes in the front so I'm trying to still keep it well within the wheel wells. Problem is that I don't have the body on the pan to take measurements. I have a pair of both Speedmasters (13 and 21) and measured them mounted to the beam. The narrowest ones are 57" lip to lip. I want a tire that is pretty close to flush with the outer lip. And obviously, if I can get something in low profile, that would be a bonus. Any suggestions?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedmaster Problems with findind the right tires Reply with quote

wait till you get the body on before buying something. You might have issues getting a tire flush at the front since you have a narrowed beam.

I have 185/65-15's up front and 205/65-15's out back on what I think are 5.5" wide wheels and those are fairly flush front and rear. And I wouldn't go any wider than the 205's nor much shorter on the sidewalls with that narrow of a wheel.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: