Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

FAV build update
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
flemgunner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: FAV build update Reply with quote

Howdy all here is a before/during build shot showing my massive MS paint skills. Soon as I get some nice weather Im gonna put another coat on and finish off the front end. Then rear end and running brake lines and such. Have the dash all fabbed up and will start running the electrical system as soon as I have enough coats of paint on the frame. I dont want all my wires to be green lol.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[/img]

Here is a little better view of the frame with the gas tank and radio rack before the OD paint and floor install
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
GoMopar440
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: FAV build update Reply with quote

Those side pods are almost exactly what I want to do to my rail. Only real difference is I plan on adding hinged lids and making lockable compartments out of them.

Good to see your FAV is coming along so well. Any idea when you'll have it up and running? I didn't ask when it will be finished since these things are never really finished. Laughing
Homemade rail for street & off road: BJ front beam (bent), IRS rear (boxed/maybe bent), stock T1 DP 1600, 009, 34PICT-3 (soon to be dual 40HPMXs), 4-1 glass pack exh, T3 brakes (F disk, R drum & Dual MC), Bug trans (002, 5 rib going in soon).
Link to my rail (re)build thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=629493
Tetonrvr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: FAV build update Reply with quote

Looks great! but we must have better and more pictures than just the little teasers! Laughing
flemgunner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: FAV build update Reply with quote

GoMopar440 wrote:
Those side pods are almost exactly what I want to do to my rail. Only real difference is I plan on adding hinged lids and making lockable compartments out of them.

Good to see your FAV is coming along so well. Any idea when you'll have it up and running? I didn't ask when it will be finished since these things are never really finished. Laughing

Not soon enough man lol
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: