Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Adding 3-point seatbelts with this in the way
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GmanID
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Adding 3-point seatbelts with this in the way Reply with quote

Through research I can see how to replace the old style seat belts with the much safer 3-point ones, but in all the ones I have looked at they never had this in the way. Is there anyone that can point me int he right direction on how to do the installation with this in the way?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding 3-point seatbelts with this in the way Reply with quote

chimneyfish wrote:
I thought I should add to this thread as an ongoing resource for info, as I stumbled upon some repros of the Australian brackets for the front seats.

These brackets were made by VW of Australia for the T2, pictured below is an original bracket on my 1976 Microbus, with original VW Audi inertia reels by the OEM manufacturer Repa, to comply with the ADR (Australian Design Rules) which required inertia reel seat belts in the front for the driver and passenger, and enabled the repositioning of an inertia reel block, pushing it further back and inwards so they do not clash with the door and seat, utilising and retaining the stock seat belt anchor point.

I found online that repros are now available and made in the UK:

http://www.status-vw.co.uk/bay-van-68-79/main-body...-1979.html

http://www.justkampers.com/211-809-257-cab-seat-belt-brackets-vw-t2-bay-1967-1979.html

The original brackets, and the repros, should fit all years of T2 bay windows, although I assume they are probably of not much use to Westfalia owners with the swivel seats and no bulkhead (bay window Westies were not generally available in Australia in any case so I understand).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: