Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rear Shock bolt size?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAV!D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: Rear Shock bolt size? Reply with quote

I lost a rear shock bolt, I can't seem to find the proper dimensions anywhere online. Does anyone happen to know the sizing of this bolt?

http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van/page_1639_1356/rear-shock-bolt.html
T3 Pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear Shock bolt size? Reply with quote

M12X1,50X65

Online parts listing

http://www.parts-catalogs.info/volkswagen/en/?i=ca...1234567890

The most important part in every vehicle is the nut behind the wheel......
DAV!D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear Shock bolt size? Reply with quote

T3 Pilot wrote:
M12X1,50X65

Online parts listing

http://www.parts-catalogs.info/volkswagen/en/?i=ca...1234567890

Thanks, never seen that site before.
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear Shock bolt size? Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me. We drove all the way home from Montana without realizing it, but an odd bouncing on a dirt road was unexplained until back home I was checking things over for another trip. I checked it a few months later and it was slightly loose - lower shock mount right side. So now I check it out of habit.
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
svenakela
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Rear Shock bolt size? Reply with quote

It should be a 10.9 as well.
DAV!D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear Shock bolt size? Reply with quote

IdahoDoug wrote:
Same thing happened to me. We drove all the way home from Montana without realizing it, but an odd bouncing on a dirt road was unexplained until back home I was checking things over for another trip. I checked it a few months later and it was slightly loose - lower shock mount right side. So now I check it out of habit.

Yea it's sort of odd, I did a check of all my cv bolts a few weeks ago and checked both my lower shock bolts just because I was down there.. but somehow the top one came loose. I didn't think to check those.

I've put a ton of miles on the van since I rebuilt it, so I guess it's time to run through and check all those odd ball nuts and bolts.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: