Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bad feedback club
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

Samba feedback system sucks
Yes
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
No
62%
 62%  [ 22 ]
I dont care about feedback
28%
 28%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 35

sovereignsamba
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

Anyone else have bad samba feedback and feel at a loss?? Ive done good business with people on samba for years, after a one sided argument with a dullard my samba feedback is tainted and I no longer sell on samba. Anyone else feel this way?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joe56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

I think the biggest issue with the feedback threads is people are more likely to leave bad feedback when something goes wrong then leave good feedback when a sale goes right

personally I have sold dozens of things on here but only have a handful of feedback posts

even with the small issue it may have I would still trust it before trusting ebay or some random guy from CL

why is there no sarcasism button on here?
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

You letting one person own you? grow a pair and move on Rolling Eyes You can't please em all.
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

One deal with problems doesn't mean much. Did you steal the guy's money? That's what really counts.
You can do what one high volume samba seller does when he constantly gets bad feedback, beg your other buyers who you didn't piss off to give you good feedback.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

The irony.

This thread poll gets a "yes" only by those who are extremely pissed at their feedback. And a "no" if the system works just fine for them. Choice three gets a "don't care" vote only by those who never buy or sell- yet frequent the forums. Expect flawed results in the poll from the beginning- for you are only getting polar results from already polarized opinions.

Feedback is often placed when people are extremely pleased or extremely pissed. Neutrality doesn't get much airplay. It is abused by people who often don't even have any skin in the game. I've seen good folks dragged to hell and back in the feedback threads- but often not by the original buyer or seller in the transaction questioned! Too many folks here jump on a bandwagon because their lives lack any substance otherwise.

If the transaction you made deserves poor feedback- so be it, but try to make it right. But if it was undeserved, find out why and still make it right. There are plenty of feedback threads where shitty experiences were reversed- and both seller and buyer are better for it.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

I've had thousands of transactions and sometimes you just can't please the other parts. At that points I offer a full refund, even if I have to loose a few dollars.

It's just the cost of doing business.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

I like the Samba feedback. I do look at feedback when buying.. and I even look at my potential buyers feedback.
I had a user leave me some nasty bad feedback on a part that he never even purchased from me..
He didnt like my selling rules so I was deemed difficult (as well as some name calling) and he posted bad feedback.... which is against the rules regarding posting feedback without a transaction. It was removed accordingly a week or two later .... and well after I relieved my frustration... Twisted Evil

iowegian wrote:
Note to self:
Never ever, piss Volkswagnut off.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1766751

Laughing

I generally treat my buyers to as Id want to be treated as a buyer myself, but simply stating...you just cant please everyone.
Just be an honest seller and buyer is all you can do.

I'd have lots more feedback on my profile ...if everyone buying left feedback.

The way I look at it when buying .. If a sellers good feedback out numbers the bad.. Ill buy from them.

In a dispute there are at least two sides of the conflict.
Who's riight or who's wrong really makes no difference.... its only about all sides being satisfied.

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited

Last edited by VOLKSWAGNUT on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:02 am; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
windfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

shane red wrote:
Anyone else have bad samba feedback and feel at a loss?? Ive done good business with people on samba for years, after a one sided argument with a dullard my samba feedback is tainted and I no longer sell on samba. Anyone else feel this way?

Two sides to every story, eh?

I skimmed your feedback and read what I assume to be the offending post - http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=586191&start=3
...which was back in April 2015

I mean, if you sold the guy a car saying they should have no problem getting it registered, but then it turns out he needs one more signature from you to finalize it, there doesn't appear to be an excuse for putting him off for months.

"I explained to him my signature is on the bill of sale and that should be good for dmv, since the title holder had given me a bill sale. He did not understand this."
You sound old enough to know that the DMV can be... interesting to deal with.
Was it really that big of a deal to sign one more form?

You then, a month and a half later, post:
"I have stopped listing on samba. Feel free to email me directly. Purists and punk kids f*** off"

As mentioned above, the feedback system here has the same problem as the rest of the internet.
A lot of restaurants, hotels, etc have 30 odd reviews total but serve hundreds of people a week. It's generally only the people who have exceptionally good/bad experiences that post, the rest don't bother.

What I find interesting here is how sellers respond to their feedback.
You got one reasonably written critique (full description of events from his side, good grammar and punctuation) and melted?
/shrug.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

Sounds like the OP has a red ass. Whatever.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
Sounds like the OP has a red ass. Whatever.

indeed. please fill this out

http://nexua.org/niji/butthurt-form/

and submit to the samba human resources office

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

yup I think there should be a bad feedback klub for the sobs selling pure shit and lieing about it. Ive bought totaly dead cases,barrel shims that were folded in half,trans parts that were totaly wore out, new heads that were machined afu(realy afu seats in corrked,machined off center and at a twist .and they were probably threw away then recycle guy sold them or employee/buddy.).....and more. and yes Ive bought some good stuff too from many good guys. I try to buy from trusted sellers these days. but then you have the effing thieves in the shipping bizz to deal with Shocked like the super flows I bought but the usps seems to like them more than me....and the insurance was a scam too. so..... sure have a club but whoos gonna keep track of it and monitor it for accurcy...or spelling!!! do that have meetings? special hand shake???printed hats???avatars in a certain color??
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

I don't refuse to buy from a seller because they have a occasional bad feedback. I look over the last page of or 2 of feedback before buying more expensive items and I can see if the seller is a problem or if a prior customer is being a jerk. What I'm looking to avoid is sellers who have a habit of misrepresenting what they are selling or who pack parts so bad that many don't make it intact (that will sometimes happen, even to the best.)
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

I'm doing my best to understand why It has taken 8 1/2 months to respond to the bad feedback. Could you explain the seemingly lengthy delay?
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

Jacks wrote:
I'm doing my best to understand why It has taken 8 1/2 months to respond to the bad feedback. Could you explain the seemingly lengthy delay?

Yep, and as Windfish pointed out, DMV can always screw up your day w/one more form, have the buyer send the needed forms, sign & send them back, done deal, be the better person & take care of the bizznezz.
That said, I have had some pain in the ass buyers that had me jump thru hoops & delay delay delay, dick you around & never say jack shit when they get the part, let alone leave feed back... I have over 250 sales & maybe 2 dozen feed back on the Samba, it has never slowed my sales.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

Never forget the politics, ever. Consider yourself SHUNNED
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

Spezialist wrote:
Rodney! Welcome back. How's it going?

FU#3
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
Spezialist wrote:
Rodney! Welcome back. How's it going?

He sold the Username to me, but hey. Hi
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

with all of this negitive feed back, you have to also realize one mans trash is another treasure....so......you also have to be able to filter through the feedback to try to figure out who has the trash and how trashey is it? then look for it again.if they send junk but you need it....and can fix it.... go for it, but if they dont send squat......dont order/buy squat. there are scamers and there are people that just dont know or care .so...always ask as many questions as possiable ti be sure your both on the same page....and be prepared to get a email ....sold,sorry.

and whats junk to me, may be brand new to you.
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

To me, it's all about how you respond to the feedback and how soon. If you respond in a timely, clear, even, fair way that makes you look like you're trying, then I could care less what a couple crazy customers say.

Then there's stuff like the Mofoco feedback (for example).... Go bat-shit crazy like that with a few customers in a public forum and I wouldn't even consider giving it a chance.

The interwebs are forever.
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad feedback club Reply with quote

I stopped caring for feedback a looong time ago, I even have it as a signature line " FEDDBACK NOT NEEDED" I ocassionally leave feedback for my friends. At one point, a disgruntal buyer threatened me and my family because an item he claimed arrived damaged to his address. Some people are still NOT ready to buy online, those people should stick to swapmeets.

Martin
allwagons

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: