Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
they all look the same to me

See drinking is bad, mkay
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwsplitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

One month to go. Hot VWs has indicated they will attend and cover the show. Chuck P Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

I still have bad dreams from some of the shows...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Lets hope this year is not as wet!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Randy in Maine wrote:

If it is wet it will help with the obvious "wet tee shirt" going ons at the CT shows Twisted Evil
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

WM971252 wrote:
Randy in Maine wrote:

If it is wet it will help with the obvious "wet tee shirt" going ons at the CT shows Twisted Evil

Great, now I have Frank Zappa's "Wet T-Shirt" song in my head; "Big ones, Wet ones, BIG Wet ones "!! Twisted Evil

3 weeks away !! Looking foward to see the usual cast of Crazys, any Samba Folk from out West ??

It has been 11 years since this guy showed up:

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Count down got real...... Doing better than expected getting the Panel ready for a drive for the show.

Also know of a barn find that may make an appearance at it's first show.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

18 days. chop chop

no pressure Very Happy

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

18 days. chop chop

no pressure Very Happy

The panel stops on it's own.... The rumble may happen today...
noneed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Um, uh, um, what, um, JON, um, JON...what, uh...cut it out Jon ! Laughing

Schwing wrote:
Bondo is like make-up, it fools the eye from the ugly truth
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

noneed wrote:

Um, uh, um, what, um, JON, um, JON...what, uh...cut it out Jon ! Laughing

So will we have the comedy stylings of you this show? Please please......
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

The Panel will be going BACK to Litchfield!

Link
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Shocked wow...after how many years? been since what, '00-01?

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Shocked wow...after how many years? been since what, '00-01?

Still not really sure of what year we took it off the road (that's Mary's job Twisted Evil ). Good day today to get all the lights on and working plus some odd little things.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Spent the day getting the Singlecab in better road shape, seems like I need a new throttle cable every year .... Confused Looking foward to the Saturday Camping/Party/shot the shit Fest..... Didn't get to do much of that last year... Sad
I'll be in Canton/New Hartford Ct. Friday.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
noneed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

WM971252 wrote:

If it were any other weekend, I'd be there...This was always one of my favorites. Father's Day weekend is one of those weekends where the VW hobby just has to take a back seat though..
Sorry guys. I have other plans with my daughter. Cool

Schwing wrote:
Bondo is like make-up, it fools the eye from the ugly truth
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

noneed wrote:
WM971252 wrote:

If it were any other weekend, I'd be there...This was always one of my favorites. Father's Day weekend is one of those weekends where the VW hobby just has to take a back seat though..
Sorry guys. I have other plans with my daughter. Cool

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad but we understand
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

Have lights mostly, getting paint this week for the new to it (replacing the original that disappeared) rear apron and maybe some other stuff. Odd little things to do (brake adjustment may help... Smile ) But the Panel WILL BE AT LITCHFIELD Yeaaaa (pending any disasters)
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

you? disaster? naa Laughing

so, who's going? I seem to remember the LFBI threads of years past to have 6-10 pages before the event.

have we lost the hype? Crying or Very sad

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield Bug In #28 - June 19 2016 - CT Reply with quote

I'm going....

Molly is going...

Mary is going....

If you look almost all the shows now are not getting lots of post anymore, ton of hits though. Still plenty of time before the show for more posts (and bodywork... Twisted Evil )
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: