Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Smokin tires?
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Smokin tires? Reply with quote

Redneck question Rolling Eyes Laughing , what brand of tire puts out more smoke when doing a burnout?, 15 " have 'Linelock' and a 1915 turbo bug Wink
Lewiston cruise coming in june Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: smokin tires? Reply with quote

old skinny over inflated tires. find a set of used 165/80's and air em up to like 40psi and have at it.
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: smokin tires? Reply with quote

Ok, no need to air them up that much Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: smokin tires? Reply with quote

Good question. I've had several different brands on the back of my buggy and beetle and all I can get is a bunch of screeching while painting stripes on the road. I did have a set of Falkens on the front of my turbo '84 rabbit decades ago that smoked REALLY WELL.

Brad
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: smokin tires? Reply with quote

Thanks Brad,I think my son has a pair of them Very Happy
KPottorff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Smokin tires? Reply with quote

Any tire will work with a little motor oil. Used oil works really well.

Old timer's story time: When in high schol during the mid-70's, we motorheads (Chevy, Ford and Dodge. VWs were in the future for me.) were in front of the school and decided ot see how much smoke we could make with some oil puddles. We made plenty, all right. The neighbors across the avenue (about 75 feet curb to curb. It was pretty side.) called to complain.

Wouldn't you know, just as my buddy and I finished our "run" and pulled over to admire our handiwork, out of the could appears one of the cruisers of Lodi, CA's finest. Just like out of some Hollywood movie.

The cop got his little stick and measured the length of rubber laid down. It ran out to 185 feet. I was fined two dollars a foot.
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Smokin tires? Reply with quote

$2 a foot Embarassed cops @ the 'Cruise' up here actually encourage us to burn rubber Cool Cool Cool
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Smokin tires? Reply with quote

Bleach for burnouts
KPottorff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Smokin tires? Reply with quote

madmike, this took place in 1975 and our town, while not small at 22,000 population, still had the small town outlook that kids weren't allowed to have fun.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Smokin tires? Reply with quote

I was watchen car show burn outs the other day where things went oh so rong and oh somany cars get totaled. I save burnouts for the bars&drag strips. Wink just not worth the cost of the ticket,repair,rubber,total loss,fatality. but......there are some exceptions....like...in front of my house where there is nobody around... and....this new trans is just itching for a real good work out Shocked well thats a lie. it's itchen for a few more than it has allready had. Wink but not around anybody or where shit can happen, because shit happens.....and the new mustang's well I think there on top of the shit happens list. and the red ones seem to be the real defective ones.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Smokin tires? Reply with quote

Amateurs Laughing

Old trick..
Windshield Washer bottle with bleach mix, pumped through tubes squirting on or in front of the drive wheels..
Turn the pump on.. and light em up.. Instant show. no go.. Wink

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: Smokin tires? Reply with quote

Hey nut ,I did just that on my old 72 drag bug in a parade
within a few days that stuff corroded/ATE the inner wheel wells & fenders Shocked Shocked
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Smokin tires? Reply with quote

Yeah you have to wash it off after playing.. Bleach is highly corrosive..

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andy198712
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Smokin tires? Reply with quote

on motorbikes, i've found the soft sticky rubber smokes up the best Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: