Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash.
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fiddlestyx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:25 am    Post subject: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

For the last week or so, anytime I go to the classified section my Firefox goes into an endless loop of loading and then crashes.
I can get to the classified section just fine. It's when I click on an ad or subsection that this happens.
Before, I just had to restart and then it was fine. Now it has done it three times in a row.
This only happens in the classified section.
Anyone else?

Win 7 and Firefox.
schwim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

No issue with FF in Debian and Win 8.

Do you mean that the page keeps refreshing or are you getting an error of some sort?
Fiddlestyx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

When I click on an ad the page will never load, it just has a spinning icon on the tab. Now matter how long I wait.
Then if I close Firefox, it automatically sends an error report.

Edit: I just got on an ad after closing and restarting Firefox. It's weird that it only does it on the classified section.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

I am on Windows 7.

I normally use Chrome but I do have the Firefox Beta installed for testing.
I just used it to visit the Classifieds and do various things.
I didn't have any issues.
No one else has reported anything to me directly.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

I have the Samba pages that I frequent booked marked in Firefox (44.0.2). The first of these is the Type 3 parts classified. Whenever I click there, Firefox locks up for me for about 2 minutes. In fact, it doesn't matter which Samba bookmark I click on, if it's the first time I've clicked on a Samba bookmark in that session of using Firefox, it does that to me. It's only the first Samba click per session. It's been doing that for a couple of weeks. I'm running Windows 10.

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

I tried what Notchback stated above and it's fine for me here.
No lock up, no issues.

I checked and my Firefox was version 45 on my first post above since I am on the "Beta" channel.
It updated when I opened it and now it's on version 46.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

I'm having the same issue with Firefox on mac and Windows. If I click on the Classifieds tab the whole browser locks up.

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

photogdave wrote:
I'm having the same issue with Firefox on mac and Windows. If I click on the Classifieds tab the whole browser locks up.

Only the main classifieds page or the individual ads too?
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
photogdave wrote:

Just loading the main page. Once I'm there the separate categories and individual ads load fine.

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

photogdave wrote:
EverettB wrote:
photogdave wrote:

Just loading the main page. Once I'm there the separate categories and individual ads load fine.
On mine, it's just the initial page on TheSamba for that session. I timed it today and it's about 95 seconds that it totally locks up Firefox. After waiting, it loads the page and then navigates just fine.

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDIvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

I'm having the same trouble, I meant to email you earlier this week (decided to search and see if anyone else is having the same problem). On my older laptop with XP it locks up indefinitely, gives me an error message after I close it that says it was a problem with plugincontainer. On my newer laptop with windows 8 it will clear up after 5 minutes or so. It locks up with individual ads or the classifieds search page.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

TDIvan wrote:
I'm having the same trouble, I meant to email you earlier this week (decided to search and see if anyone else is having the same problem). On my older laptop with XP it locks up indefinitely, gives me an error message after I close it that says it was a problem with plugincontainer. On my newer laptop with windows 8 it will clear up after 5 minutes or so. It locks up with individual ads or the classifieds search page.

This looks like some issue with Firefox and Flash.
This is out of my control
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

Today I click on a forum bookmark instead of classifieds and it breezed through the forums just fine. As soon as I clicked on a link to the classifieds, it locked up.

FU#3
Fiddlestyx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

Mine is still doing it, but it doesn't happen on my MacBook. I guess it's on my end.
Fiddlestyx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

So I found out something new about this.

If I am on the forums and then go to the classifieds, it locks up.
If I go straight to the classifieds from a bookmark, it does not lock up.
TDIvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

Is it possible that since the search is powered by Google that it is causing problems with other browsers so that you'll use Google instead? The trouble only started since the last site update. Otherwise has anyone found a solution?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

To be clear:
The classifieds search is not powered by Google.

If you mean the little search box in the header, this is on every page so it wouldn't only be an issue in the Classifieds.

I just tried various clicking back and forth in my Firefox here and nothing happens for me.
I do see a pause the first time I load the site but this is on any page, not the classifieds.
I think it's loading everything up in Firefox at first.
After that everything is smooth.
I see an error was mentioned above that might have been some issue with Firefox and Flash.
I don't have Flash installed at all on my computer since I use Chrome and Chrome has eliminated it from usage so maybe that is an issue.
Maybe that is something to try?
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

i don't see any of these issues, not in windows 7 with Chrome, Opera, not on windows 10 with chrome, opera, not on OpenSuse with Chrome, opera, nor on Mac OS X 10.11 with Safari, chrome. Best performance by a considerable margin: El Capitan with the new Opera Beta. All testing on seriously fast internet

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
i don't see any of these issues, not in windows 7 with Chrome, Opera, not on windows 10 with chrome, opera, not on OpenSuse with Chrome, opera, nor on Mac OS X 10.11 with Safari, chrome. Best performance by a considerable margin: El Capitan with the new Opera Beta. All testing on seriously fast internet

Thanks for the comprehensive check.

But... Did you try Firefox?
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Classifieds cause Firefox to lock up crash. Reply with quote

I've noticed that every time it locks up it's "waiting for cdn.viglink.com".

FU#3
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: